No announcement yet.

Thursday.......thinking about things...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday.......thinking about things...

Good morning all! Hope everyone is doing well. I was reading a catching up on the board since yesterday afternoon. Regarding the MRSA and germs-did anyone see the news last night about shopping carts? Those things are germs on wheels!
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Re: Thursday.......thinking about things...

Good Morning, hope everybody is feeling good. Basically SSDD here for me.
    My store has a big container of wipes sitting right next where you pick up your cart, and believe me I use those wipes to clean the handle and as much around it as I can. NO, I didn't see that show and that probably was a good thing. LOL

Comment

I Just Saw A Commercial Advertising The Show. It Makes Sense, People Don't Was Their Hand, Grab The Cart And Go. Babies Chew On The Handle, Nasty!!!! Glad Grocery Stores Are Putting The Antibacterial Wipes At The Carts Now. I Will Start Using Them!!! Since The Kids Had My Gs, They Bring Their Own Wipes And Wipe Down The Handle And The Straps Because He Liked To Chew On Them. Yuck!!

Ssdd Here. Doc Isn't Working Tomorrow, But I'm Coming In, Saving My Time So I Can Take Off With The Holidays, And I Took Off Last Thurs And Friday. So It's A Free Day For Me!! Yippeeeeeee!! No Really, It'll Give Me Time To Clean My Rooms Good, Restock Them And So Forth.
      "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

It seems people are complaining about the chemicals in the wipes now--is there no end! One thing it showed was where you use that wipe--I always wipe off the handle since my immune system is shot to he!!. But what about the seat in the basket. I never thought to wipe that off, but people sit their kids in it and then we come along and put something like a pkg of meat. What if the kid had a poopy diaper on???
        Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Yes, I wipe that seat real good. EVen so I don't put groceries in that seat at all, ever, I used to put my purse there, and I don't even do that anymore, purse over shoulder.
          My DIL has some kind of special pad / blanket that she puts in that seat area, even covers the handle, especially made for that purpose, and GS sits on that pad. I see a lot of kids sitting on those pads. I don't know where you buy those things, I imagine Babies R Us ?

Comment

Probably...and that would be a great shower gift!
            Nommie

Comment

After all the talk yesterday... I looked when I went to Wallyworld. No antiseptic wipes.. but there is a big bottle of hand sanitizer and a roll of paper towels! I used 'em!!

On the way home... if MRSA isn't bad enough... I heard a news report on BELLY FAT and how much more dangerous it is than other fat on your body.

Belly fat is "visceral" fat... it's active... and affects your other organs... especially your liver!! YIKES!! Fat everywhere else is subcutaneous fat and just sits there! (all I have to do is look at my ass to confirm that!!)

Men should have a waist measurement of 40 inches or less... women should have 35 inches or less.

The ONLY good news was that the visceral belly fat is so active, that it's usually the first to come OFF when we diet.
              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

DAMN, I'M IN TROUBLE!

YOUR RIGHT WAL-MART DOESN'T HAVE WIPES, OUR GROCERY STORES DO. I HAVE FREEBEE WIPES IN MY TRUCK, AND THEY GAVE ME A SMALL PACK FOR MY PURSE, MAY HAVE TO REMEMBER TO TAKE IT OUT OF MY DRAWER HERE AT WORK AND PUT IT IN MY PURSE TO USE IT AT THE PLACES THAT DON'T HAVE THEM.

IT'S SAD WE HAVE TO BE SCARED TO TOUCH ANYTHING IN PUBLIC!

Comment

Geez... I was walking around Wallyworld last night listening to kids coughing and hacking... I want to wear a MASK!!!
                  "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

GD WAS BORN THURSDAY, CAME HOME FRIDAY, THEY TOOK HER TO WALMART FRIDAY!! I WANTED TO YELL AT THEM, "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?" KIDS!

Comment

When I had my kids one of the best baby gifts I received was a mat that you put in the cart first and then you put your kids in. It wraps around the handle and the sides of the cart. I eventually bought another one b/c after each shopping trip I would wrap it in plastic and take it home to wash. It sure made me feel better about having my babies in the dirty old carts.

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                        GD WAS BORN THURSDAY, CAME HOME FRIDAY, THEY TOOK HER TO WALMART FRIDAY!! I WANTED TO YELL AT THEM, "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?" KIDS!
                        OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Times have sure changed--I went on a short trip to Indy (150 miles)when oldest son was 4 weeks old and my aunt and mother had a fit! Said I should wait until he was at least 3 months old!
                        Nommie

Comment

I have never thought about the kids sitting in the shopping cart seats with poopy diapers!!
                          Egads!! You all are right!!! Here, I put all kinds of things in that area.

Note to self...wipe those suckers down!

Nu..I have to wonder how if she had the baby on Thursday..how was she ABLE to even walk around on Friday? I wasn't hurting for DAYS after I had my kids. I can't imagine trying to walk around a store in that sort of condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Isis1 View Post
                            Nu..I have to wonder how if she had the baby on Thursday..how was she ABLE to even walk around on Friday? I wasn't hurting for DAYS after I had my kids. I can't imagine trying to walk around a store in that sort of condition.
                            VERY SLOWLY! SHE'S STILL WALKING SLOWLY, AND HUNCHED OVER. SHE DIDN'T HAVE C-SECTION, DON'T KNOW WHY SHE'S WALKIN ALL HUNCHED OVER LIKE HER ABDOMEN HURTS.

Comment

She is probably trying to hold her insides in...lol

I know I felt like I was going to take a step and innards were going to go flying across the floor.
                              Boy..that would have been a mess

Comment

Working...
                              X