Spices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spices...

Aiyiyi! I went to the McCormick site to check my spices out and found out that a couple of spices in my cupboard are at least 15 years old!! eewwww! Here's the site if you want to check it out:
    www.spicecheckchallenge.com

Re: Spices...

BEEN THERE DONE THAT!!! I ALSO HAD QUITE A FEW REALLY OLD ONES!!! I'VE SINCE THROWN AWAY ALOT, AND RESTOCKED.

MATTER OF FACT SHOULD HAVE A BOX FULL ON MY PORCH WHEN I GET HOME!!
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I don't buy them in bottles anymore. I get small amounts from a local bulk food store. It gets used up quicker that way and so I almost always have fresh

Comment

wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubelishous View Post
          I don't buy them in bottles anymore. I get small amounts from a local bulk food store. It gets used up quicker that way and so I almost always have fresh
          What do you store them in?
          Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Nommie, When I Buy In Bulk, Or From The Stores That Have Theirs In Bags That Are Cheaper Than Jars, Like Penzies, I Reuse Spice Jar's That I've Emptied And Washed. I Have A Place I Keep Several. And At Bed Bath And Beyond, I Found They Have Empty Spice Jars, Glass That Have Flip Lids To Sprinkle Or Pour/spoon. They're Just A Little Small, 2 Oz If I Remember Right.
            "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Thanks--just wondering--so when I get rid of the out of date spices, I need to save the jars? Yuk!
              Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

I've bought bottles from the bulk store as well - they are about 50 cents so I just refill as needed.

Comment

I have a great place about 2 blocks from work. I will have to check it out...
                  Nommie

Comment

reminds me i need to clean out my pantry..

Comment

Working...
                    X