Listening to music: I want something more efficient than cd's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to music: I want something more efficient than cd's

I'm tired of changing the cd's in my stereo. What do you have to listen to your favorite music? I could use my computer but the speakers are not the best.
    I am wondering if anyone has an IPOD and a place to dock it where they can listen to it anytime and whatever they want within seconds?
    My ultimate dream is a BOSE ipod dock but it's too pricey for me.

Re: Listening to music: I want something more efficient than cd's

My DD has an IPOD and deck. My DH loaded every CD we own into it. The only time my DH & I get to use it is when we go on vacation. She also has an adaptor which let's her use it in the car.

Comment

We used to have XM radio. House and car.

Comment

I bought a new Mac computer and got a free iPod Touch ($300 value). It looks just like the iPhone (has internet access, maps, weather, you can make notes, etc...), it just doesn't have phone capabilities.

Then we bought a new car and I told my husband to make sure it had a cd changer. He told me I'd never use it because I can plug in my iPod Touch directly into the console and access my songs that way. And he's right. I haven't used the cd player at all.

I took all of my favorite cds, loaded them on my computer, and then to my iPod. Since I also have iTunes, I've purchased many additional songs. I have about 800 songs total on my iPod (of course my kids have 3x as many), but I love the fact that I can play ANYTHING and not have to mess with changing cds anymore.

The downside is that every time I exit my car I also have to disconnect the iPod and take it with me (since I don't want to leave it in the car). That's a bit of a hassle. Other than that I'd definitely get an iPod or iTouch.

Comment

I don't know how my husband hooked it up, but we put all of our cds on a laptop, I plug one cable into the laptop and all the music plays thru the stereo speakers. For our car, my new Mini Cooper has a USBkey that we loaded up with our entire music collection, its a great feature, one of my faves. For walking, I use a Sandisk mp3 player.

Comment

i have more mp3's than i know what to do with,rock, country,big band,sinatra,elvis,you name it,if you have high speed internet and yahoo i'll send what you want.

Comment

We have a sony cd player ...holds and plays about 500 cd's. works for us.

Comment

mp3 player.

Comment

Have a Sony Walkman MP3 player I load everything to and I have a stereo with an audio input that my mp3 plugs into. Viola I listen to it!

Comment

Working...
                  X