anyone have a oiless turkey fryer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have a oiless turkey fryer?

how do you use it? have good recipes? FOOL-PROOF (cause I'm a fool )

Re: anyone have a oiless turkey fryer?

I've never heard of that - can you describe it?
    My mother's menu consisted of two choices - take it or leave it!

Comment

I have been wondering the same thing. I have seen them for sale, but not sure how they work. What is the clean-up involved?

Comment

Never heard of it. So what do you fry the turkey in ?

Comment

okay, i am an appliance junky and bought one a few weeks ago... Easy to use, easy to clean, turkey skin comes out nice and brown like deep fry however, my taste testers say something is 'just missing' compared to my deep fried in peanut oil turkeys. (I don't taste the difference myself) The downside is it does take longer, a 14 pounder took almost 3 hrs till the temp reached 170.

Comment

I was wondering about the "missing oil" taste thing. But if you dont taste the diff, I trust your taste buds. After all - It's healthy

Comment

More details, please?? How is the turkey frying if there's no oil?

Turkey frying seems way more popular here in AR than it was/is in PA... every grocery store sells the huge 5-gallon containers of peanut oil. In PA we had to buy multiple smaller bottles!!
              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Luvs, have you tried Sams or Costco? Thats where I have bought it.
                Try www.charbroil/consumer.com . I cant copy/paste cause I just started on the MAC. I havent figured it out yet.

Comment

The turkey cooks 'infrared' which seems to be just reflective off the surface of the inner container. You connect the cooker to the gas, turn on the knob to high,twist the igniter knob and flames start in a ring around the lower inner pot. This heat and metal vat seem to reflect the heat to cook the food. There is no top- just lower the turkey into the large vat. As I say, timing is done by watching the thermometer as opposed to the 3.5 min/pound for my deep fried turkey.

Comment

Working...
                  X