Good heavens! *rolling eyes*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good heavens! *rolling eyes*

I get police scanner reports on my computer a couple of times a day. A 13YO girl is threatening suicide unless her mother allows her to access the computer.

Re: Good heavens! *rolling eyes*

Oh gee I imagine her family doesn't have software to block going to adult sites. My daughter has been using a computer since 2nd grade but we had blocking software.

Comment

She Probably Got Into Trouble And Was Restricted From Using The Computer. She Needs A Good Butt Busting!!! And Remove The Computer Completely From The House For An Extended Period Of Time.
      "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
        She Probably Got Into Trouble And Was Restricted From Using The Computer. She Needs A Good Butt Busting!!! And Remove The Computer Completely From The House For An Extended Period Of Time.

I was going to say that....
        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
          Why punish the parents, by removing the computer?? It's a 13 year old, she can't use the computer, the rest of the family can. Tough life little girl, get used to it.

Comment

I can't believe the things people dial 911 for. Last week a woman called because her 5 year old wouldn't go to school. She wanted an officer to come to her house and talk to the five year old.

Comment

And People Wonder Why Kids Get Into Trouble Now A Days! Parents Won't/can't Make A 5 Yr Old Go To School?? Mine Wouldn't Have Dreamed Of Telling Me No!

Comment

Some people, most likely uneducated people, just don't understand the purpose of 911 and what it is for. Can't make a 5 year old go to school, good grief, don't make me laugh.

Comment

How do you get police calls on your PC? I have a scanner, but sometimes I cant get a signal or its in and out and I cant understand what theyre saying. Yep, it amazes me the calls. Mom/Dad calls because her 14 yr old son/daughter is out of control, or Brother and Sister are fist fighting. Come onnnnnnnn, a bucket of cold water thrown on them will do the trick

Comment

Needers, That Reminds Me Of One Of Our Friends, When He And His Twin Sister Were About 6 Pr 7, They Were Fighting, Fists Everything. The Fights Were Getting Worse, Mom Had Had Enough, She Made Them Hug Each Other For 24 Hrs. On The Toilet, Bath, Bed, Whatever They Were Doing, They Had To Have Their Arms Around Each Other. They Never Fought Again!!! (in Front Of Mom Anyway!) Lol

Comment

Yikes!!! No wonder Super Nanny is doing so well! (I'd like to call her for a friend of mine... ha ha).

Having to hug my brother (w/ whom I was fist fighting into our 20s) for hours??? I'd have laid down and LET him kill me first! Thankfully... he and I are best pals now... but BOY, could we fight!!!
                      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Needers, I don't get them through the computer, our local paper prints them and I get an alert when the page is updated.
                        I had an elderly neighbor who had the scanner going 24/7 and I thought, "Man, that would drive me nuts..."
                        But it's addicting. And sometimes hilarious.
                        Here are some of the calls from yesterday: (R/P is reporting party)

Scanner Traffic -- 11/18/08

5:49 p.m. City vehicle has been involved in a minor damage crash @ 4th & Neider.
                        4:49 p.m. R/P on Avondale Loop reports that two juveniles who are cutting across Hayden Lake County Club set the mail inside his mailbox on fire.
                        4:41 p.m. R/P reports that a pickup hit her car in front of Suzy's Bar on Government Way/Hayden and kept going.
                        2:35 p.m. R/P wants to see an officer about a contained goat.
                        12:50 p.m. Gang graffiti reported on a retaining wall along Upper Hayden Lake Road.
                        10:55 a.m. A limb from a tree that was being cut down fell on a vehicle in the Twin Lakes area.
                        10:23 a.m. R/P victimized by a hit-and-run accident last night believes she has found the other vehicle Rainbow Road & Driftwood Drive, south of the Spokane River.
                        9:44 a.m. R/P reports smell of gas and smoke at Tom Addis Dodge on Highway 95 -- only the dispatcher called it "Tom Addis Ford" twice.
                        9:16 a.m. Woman reports 15YO grandson is out of control and threatening suicide. He's being physically detained in her house.
                        9:13 a.m. Unattended death on Wyoming Avenue.
                        8:15 a.m. R/P complains that slash pile along Church Road, off Highway 53, is unattended.

There are a lot of calls about that darn goat. I'm assuming it's the same goat, because we can't have *that* many goats running around loose. LOL

Comment

I Live In A Small Town, We Have A Newpaper That Comes Out Weekly, (or Is It Weakly?) They Have A Police Report In There, Everyone Who Got In Trouble's Name Is In There, No One Can Get Away With Anything! Lol

Comment

Ok, We have that, called Police Blotter. The one that comes to mind is the one where the mom made muffins and put them on the counter. They lived in Apartments. They all went out to swim, when she came back in, a Muffin was missing. She ignored it and came back again, and another Muffin was missing. Nothing else was missing but two Muffins and she called the cops!
                            We had another one, where the family got together after a Funeral. A Husband and Wife got into an argument. The sister jumped in and then all hell broke loose. The sister grabbed a pan and started hitting everyone and the guy took a pan of meatballs and started throwing them all over the lawn. The sister then pushed two kids off the porch and someone still was swinging the pan. The husband and wife tried taking off with the ashes of the loved one and were stopped. Thennnn, the father of that guy and sister, heard what was going on and was driving his car on sidewalks and speeding, hit a few parked cars on his way. Sounded Like a Jerry Springer moment to me

Comment

OMG, this stuff is HILARIOUS!! Sooooo, where do I get one of these scanners? I would be entertained daily!!
                              Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X