No Food Today - Tests Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Food Today - Tests Tomorrow

Having medical tests done tomorrow..........so no food today at all..........good gosh that just makes me that much more hungry!!!!!!

Didn't have my coffee this morning coz of no milk products..............just don't like it black.

I will be glad when this is all over!

having the good ole Colonoscopy & Upper GI Endoscopy.

I am told that the stuff to drink is horrible, I'll find out tonight. Also have been told that I may as well spend the night in the bathroom - not something I am looking forward to.
    And I was also told that I would probably sleep most of the afternoon after the test is over, and then wake up Saturday feeling like a new person! I hope that is the case.

I am just scared of the anesthesia........I don't react well to it and it always, ALWAYS makes me sick as a dog, sometimes for days.

Re: No Food Today - Tests Tomorrow

I didn't drink anything, my doc gave me pills to take. If you follow the liquid diet faithfully the day before, there really is not much left in your system. I did not spend the night in the bathroom. Don't let people scare you, it's not that bad, and everybody reacts differently. I came home after the procedure, went to bed and slept for about 3 hours or so, and when I got up, I was just fine. Good luck.

Comment

I had one last year, the worst part is the prep. I had to drink 3 bottles of the gook *gag*. The first one wasn't too bad, but by the 3rd one, didn't think I would make it. Also 2 Dulcolax pills on top of that, yes, stay close to the bathroom.

The rest is a breeze. Mine was a good report, and so I don't have to have another for 10 years, so the dr. said.

Good luck!

Comment

Good Luck tomorrow

Comment

This is one of those things that the anticipation is worse than the actual event. We all have to do it. They've improved on the pre-prep stuff so much, that if you tell your Dr that you just can't handle drinking all that mess, they'll give you pills that will work just as good.

Comment

Good Luck & best wishes to you!
            It may be uncomfortable, but better safe than sorry....
            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Thank you all!
              I will be glad when it's over.
              And I least I will finally have some answers as to what is going on with my insides!
              So it'll be worth it I guess.

If I'm feeling up to it I may jump on CK tomorrow afternoon and check in.

I already told DH that tomorrow night I want a HUGE steak (actually I said a side of BEEF!), a HUGE Baked Potato with all the fixin's and HUGE salad and Texas Toast too!

And today - when i cannot eat - all I can think of is FOOD! I've even spent some time browsing through old CK recipes in the other forums.........and found some great ones too!

Can't wait to try them!

One was a White Pizza Dip by jewels and another was Bean's Taco Beef Nuggets with some sauce!

See - all I can think about is FOOD!

Oh - and I am drinking tons of water - even more than normal.
              The doctor did say the prep was easier now than years ago, now it's just a 1/2 gallon, used to be gallon of that stuff you have to drink.
              I will do the best I can. I'm sure it'll due its job.
              But if it makes me gag - I won't drink any more!

Comment

So I shouldn't tell you about the big ole bowl of queso with sour cream, guacamole and taco meat with chips and salsa I had at lunch right?

OK, I won't.

good luck. and I'm glad it's you and not me!!!
                "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

You will have to have many enemas if you don't drink the golytly. The Doc can not see thru poop to check out your colon so you will have to reschedule. Trust me and follow all the directions and get the test completed. Do not eat any red jello or juices as they look like blood sometimes. We tell our patients green jello and apple juice. No dairy and no smoking tomorrow ( if you do ). They use a sedation now and not a general anesthesia where you have to be intubated. You will be able to breathe on your own but not remember anything about the test.The prep is the worst after that it will be a breeze. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Nu - I can just picture it as my mouth is watering now...........

Traumanurse - you're right - absolutely right. I do not want to have to go through all of this another time. I'd rather do what I'm supposed to do and get it over with. I will suffer through the stuff........my poor DD#2 had to do it a few years ago, before having her gallbladder removed - at age 18 !

I'm sure I can manage to drink it all. Thankfully, it's a less amount now.

And I am anxious to find out what is wrong with me. No need in getting poked & prodded any more than necessary.

Thank you for all of your support! (even you Nu! )

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                      So I shouldn't tell you about the big ole bowl of queso with sour cream, guacamole and taco meat with chips and salsa I had at lunch right?

OK, I won't.

good luck. and I'm glad it's you and not me!!!
                      Way to go Nu, that's just what she wanted to hear. And to think she is a Nurse, where is your compassion Nurse Nu ?? j/k
                      I was also told nothing red or purple, like jello or popsicle.

Comment

Good luck EmailQueen! I hope everything "comes out" alright lol! Do what the doctor says and I'm sure it'll be a breeze. Oh, and designate a food runner for when it's over to go get you whatever you're craving!
                        We'll be thinking about you with fingers crossed!
                        I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

My doctor just told me to skip dinner and start drinking the stuff at 4:00, but next time I will skip lunch also, as I was up all night and still going the next morning when it was time for me to leave! But the test itself? Piece of cake.

Comment

I made the choice to be on clear liquid diet for 2 days before test, I think that made the difference. and no, I did not lose one pound, not one pound.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea Sabine. I will definitely do things different next time!

Comment

Working...
                              X