car dealing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car dealing...

so i popped into a car dealership today.
    they have a 2007 lincoln MXR little suv thing there, it's brand new, and an older model.
    sticker on it is 39,900

they offerd it to me for 30, of course it's a haggle. i hate that.
    how much do you think it should come down too?
    fully loaded, leather air conditioned seats even gps built in, dual sun roof.
    i'm cheap i think it should come down to like 25 lol. before my trade in. hahaha

what do ya think?
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: car dealing...

oh and still has the full warrenty on it, the warrenty starts the day i buy it.
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

38 reads, no one really?

how much lower can you haggle from the sticker?
      5 grand? on top of that it's an 07 when the 09's are out.
      that's at least another 8 grand if you ask me lol
      then they are offering employee discounts. how much is that? i offered him 21 for it.

he came back with 30 lol.

Comment

They are gonna have a hard time giving those expensive cars away when the credit isn't there. Not many people can pay cash.
        I would have probably offered $20,000.

Comment

i offered 21 on it, he went to talk to guy behind the big black magic curtain and that's when it came back with the 30 offer. i laughed. i think the most i'd pay is 25. then my trade.

i asked about the financing, and he said the banks are eager to give the loans so they can build the economy back up. salesmen will say anything. the guy is hysterically funny.
          he's ADD and dislexic and i cannot spell that one either...

he's bouncing off the walls, says whatever it's funny. i told him i was just starting to think about looking. see how far away that is?

Comment

I just looked up this vehicle on my discount plan. I can buy it for $23,875. We have an awesome discount, better than employee pricing, our discount is factory direct, the dealership doesn't make a dime on this price. We do have to pay an additional $200 delivery fee. Hope this info can help you in your dealings!

Comment

the 2007 one? it has 500 miles on it, the MX something or another.
              air conditioned seats, leather has a gps in it.
              sticker says 39,900 on it. from 2007...
              so you can get it for 23, i should get it for 24? with the dealer costs?

Comment

Each time he makes an offer then counter off with $500 more but don't go above $25,000

Good deal for a new car

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
                  the 2007 one? it has 500 miles on it, the MX something or another.
                  air conditioned seats, leather has a gps in it.
                  sticker says 39,900 on it. from 2007...
                  so you can get it for 23, i should get it for 24? with the dealer costs?
                  My mistake, I looked up the 2008 model. Fully loaded, right off the truck. So, in my thinking, you should be able to get it for 23 or less, right? Good luck!

Comment

still a 2007 should be just a little less than a 08?

Comment

I look at it this way Stella. Just wait awhile. You will see better deals than that as time goes on. they are gonna get sesperate to get cars off of their lots. Keeping them there are costing them money every month.

Have you looked up the Kelly Blue book price for a 2007, in perfect condition? It doesn't matter if it is new or not, you should be able to find what it is "worth"

Comment

Excellent
                        $31,005

Looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning.
                        Never had any paint or body work and is free of rust.
                        Clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection.
                        Engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects.
                        Complete and verifiable service records.
                        Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Comment

yeah, that is before the economic crash. House's worth are dropping, and so is everything else. If it feels too expensive to you, it probably is.

Comment

i am happy with the van. paid for, great shape, less than 80 on it.
                            low insurance, but i got that bug for a new one. i'm just tired of it. had it so long i am done. got it in 2000, it's an 01. if i found a deal, i'd get it.

hyundai has a sweet deal on the santa fe.

Comment

Oh stella, you van is not too old. Keep it as long as you can.

Comment

Working...
                              X