Favorite hot chocolate???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite hot chocolate???

What is your favorite chocolate to use for making hot chocolate?
    What do you like to add to your hot chocolate?

At my temp job, they have Nestle's hot chocolate mix in the break room for anybody to have for a drink. I've found that is really good. I also like Olvatine for chocolate fix.
    I don't add anything to my drink...

One more thing..I found that a piece of that lemon bread I made the other day and a cup of hot chocolate really hits the spot.

What about you all?

Re: Favorite hot chocolate???

Would you believe I have never liked hot chocolate? Or chocolate milk shakes or ice cream!!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I just like plain ol' Carnation Milk Chocolate hot choc. mix Or when I'm adventurous lol, I'll make cocoa.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I like hot chocolate and coffee with all the sugar & cream, but the combination of caffeine & sugar makes me sick!
        I drink my coffee black.
        I have to treat it as a drug if I even have a coke...lol!
        I do think that the dry mixes are very good.
        N-E-S-T-L-E-S.....Nestles makes the very best....chAWWWWWcolate...lol...remember those commercials?
        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

When we were in Italy a few weeks ago, we had the absolute best hot chocolate we have ever tasted - it was real chocolatey and thick - almost like a pudding...yum...I wish I knew the recipe!

Other than that, I like a bit of sugar in the mixes.

Comment

Originally posted by janni View Post
            When we were in Italy a few weeks ago, we had the absolute best hot chocolate we have ever tasted - it was real chocolatey and thick - almost like a pudding...yum...I wish I knew the recipe!

Italian Hot Chocolate

* Servings: 2
            * 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
            * 1/3 cup sugar
            * 1 teaspoon cornstarch or arrowroot
            * 2 cups milk or half milk-half water

DIRECTIONS

1. Mix the cocoa, sugar and cornstarch together until thoroughly blended.
            2. Add 1/2 cup liquid to a medium saucepan and set over low heat. Whisk in the cocoa mixture until thoroughly incorporated and no lumps remain. Add the rest of the liquid.
            3. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat, until the mixture is thickened (it coats the back of a spoon), about ten minutes.
            4. The cornstarch is a great thickener - it won't clump like flour will, it's smooth and tasteless. Don't use regular flour to thicken this.
            5. Serving-wise, once the cocoa has thickened, you can stir in a hint of additional flavorings before serving. 1/4 tsp vanilla or almond extract or Grand Marnier would be nice. Dust with cinnamon or nutmeg. Alternatively, you can make this, substituting half the liquid with coffee, to make a nice mocha.
            6. Double or triple the amount of the dry ingredients, mix, and keep in a sealed jar in the cupboard. To make, it's one part mix to two parts liquid. Just remember to give the mix a shake before using, to reintegrate the sugar.
            The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Originally posted by janni View Post

Castillian Hot Chocolate

1/2 C Cocoa (powdered)
              7 teaspoons Cornstarch
              1 C Sugar
              4 C Milk

Mix the cocoa and sugar together.

Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and combine with the
              cocoa-sugar mixture in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir this until it is a smooth
              paste. Begin heating this mixture, continuously stirring it with a whisk.
              Gradually pour in the milk. Continue stirring as you bring it to a simmer.
              Simmer, stirring often, for about 10 minutes. The cocoa is ready when it
              thickens and is glossy and smooth.
              "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

I love, love, love, love marshmallows floating in my hot chocolate.

Comment

Hot Chocolate Mix

1 jar (6 oz.) Coffee Mate
                  1 box (1 lb. 9 oz.) powdered milk
                  2 lb. box Nestles Quik
                  1 box powdered sugar

Mix all ingredients together in large container.

To serve, use 3 tsp. mix to 1 cup hot water.

**I sometimes add a little cocoa powder to give it a more chocolatey
                  taste.

***You can put some of this in a small bag, tie the top closed and
                  add a copy of the recipe put in a pretty cup and give as gifts.

Comment

I grew up on cocoa made with Hersheys cocoa, and nothing packaged ever tasted the same so I dont use them. DS bought a box of Butterfinger hot chocolate mix last week which has peanut butter flavor added to the chocolate. Doesnt sound like anything I want to try. He said it was awesome.

Comment

Ever had a pepper in your hot chocolate? Honestly it was the best I ever had. Don't remember what kind of pepper the guy used, but he had it in a tea ball and just let it soak in the pot of chocolate for awhile. YUMMY!

Wish I could remember!

Comment

I too love the Nestle's.....I tried Swiss Miss because it was on sale one week....and was very disappointed.
                        I make it using milk and add a dash of good vanilla extract, a dash of good cinnamon, top with Redi-Whip and another dash of cinnamon...add a piece of cinnamon sugar toast and you have my breakfast on cold mornings!

Comment

I've never had a homemade hot chocolate mix that I cared for, so I never go that route. I think Hershey's mix is better than most. Martha Stewart has a recipe using white chocolate that was melted into the milk and I always wanted to try that. I think it had cream in it, too. That's probably something I don't want to get hooked on!

Comment

I like mexican hot chocolate. You can buy the mexican chocolate, it has sugar and cinnamon in the blocks of chocolate.
                            A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

floridagirly and efue --THANK YOU for the recipes - I have already printed them!

janni

Comment

Working...
                              X