Moving back to Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving back to Houston

I have been a little out of pocket lately. I have had some somewhat disturbing news. Last month Whirlpool had a major layoff, last one hired, first one to be let go. So I have decided to move back to Houston. My house never sold there. So I have packing and packing, and trying to finish up what I need to here. Next week I am spending with Michael's family in New Jersey. I am kinda excited about that. Then I am back for a few days, and then one of my best friends is flying up and helping me drive back both vehicles.

I can't say the layoff was that upsetting. It is more than anything, a relief. I had decided to wait a year before making any decisions after Michael died. So my decision was made for me. So if you know anyone in Houston looking for an experienced financial analyst, please let me know

Stephanie

Re: Moving back to Houston

Good luck Stephanie, the layoff was probably a blessing in disguise. It helped you make the decision if/when to move back "home". You'll have your friends and I'm presuming family there. And.... you'll be closer to me!! I know that HAS to excite you! lol
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Let's see I am really excited to move right now. There is a foot of snow on the ground, it is 26 degrees outside, and I haven't left the house for 3 days now. I think this weather sucks to say the least.

No this move really is a blessing is disguise, without a doubt. I needed the push. I had some loyalty because this is where Michael and I had planned to spend out lives together, but without that it is harder to stay out here.

Comment

You don't need to spend the winter in a dreary, cold place alone. I'm glad to hear that you are coming home to sunny, warm(er) Texas.

Comment

Sending you blessings and strength . Ask God to direct your path he will put into your heart and mind what you need to do. This is his message he wants you to go to Houston. Listen and follow for he will never lead you astray .
          hugs,Honey bunny

Comment

And I am near Houston too Stephanie! LOL!
            I know the packing is a bummer, but I know this will be good for you, all things considered.
            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I'm happy for you Steph that you are going home. I know that where you are was supposed to be home but now it is just a cruel reminder of what should have been. Waiting for time to pass before making such a major decision was smart as well.

I'm happy also that you will have good company on your drive back home. You also have a fine home to go to in Houston

You will not have any trouble finding work I'm sure as you are young, smart and have great qualifications.

Comment

I am sorry to hear that you got layed off. But maybe that was the push that you needed, a blessing in disguise so to speak. Is there any chance that you can go back and work for the company that you worked for before in Houston ?
                Packing and moving is no fun, but I think you will be happier to be back in Texas where you friends are. Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

Congrats Stephanie, I am so happy for you to be moving back home and that you get to visit with Michael's family. lay off's here in Michigan have become a way of life for me and hubby he was called back in Sept and laid off 3 weeks ago so with the auto industry so 'iffy these days he may be out a job we shall see.

Best of luck to you, have a safe trip

Comment

Originally posted by StephanieM View Post
                    I think this weather sucks to say the least.
                    LOL!!!! well I know it sucks ....and we are getting lots of snow early this year, afew yrs ago it didnt even snow until after the first of the year, living in upstate NY that year was the worst tho white out, blizzard lake effect conditions daily!

Just wondering if you have room for 1 more and furkids stop by Flint and pick me up LOL!!!

I am so happy for you! there is no place like home.

Comment

Well, I would rather take a beating than pack and move, but this sounds like it will be a good thing for you. Hope you have a wonderful visit and that you'll find a job without too much problem. Best of luck!

Comment

Best wishes on your return to Texas, Stephanie. I'll be praying that you find just the right job. I agree that your lay off was a blessing in disguise.
                        Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Best wishes, Stephanie, on your return home. Have safe travels. (((hugs)))

Comment

I hear ya about the beating I'd rather take one too, than to have to pack everything. I have been lucky to find folks to give away my brewing equipment, and other stuff to. Having to move your stuff really means thinking carefully about what you have.

Comment

Welcome Home! We missed you LOL

Ebay your stuff you dont want to move for extra cash!
                              www.perfectlyposh/510sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X