More about cake balls.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More about cake balls.....

Go to bakerella.blogspot.com and take a look at her cakeball turkeys!!! OMG are they cute!

Re: More about cake balls.....

Those are too cute!!! I have very little patience, so someone would have to make them for me! lol
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Those were adorable....neat website too!
      Thanks for sharing!!!
      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I made cakeballs today and they are now chilling in my frig. I'll coat them tomorrow and post pictures later. I tried one and it was WONDERFUL

Comment

OMG these are soo cute!! I want to make them!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubelishous View Post
            I made cakeballs today and they are now chilling in my frig. I'll coat them tomorrow and post pictures later. I tried one and it was WONDERFUL

They are amazingly good aren't they? And cheap fast & easy too!!!!
            I was wondering where one might buy the sticks to make the little pops out of them?
            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

The doggie cake balls were cute too. Good pictures on that site. At first I thought that cabinet was full of spices and then I read where it's soil/sand collection from all the places travelled, how cool.

There's a candy'confectioner store near where I live and they would sell the sticks. Maybe shish kabob sticks would work if there isn't a store around for others?

Comment

I can find sucker sticks in the craft dept of the local Wal-mart.

I am going to make some cakeballs for Thanksgiving, I think. I have been meaning to try them. That would be as good a time as any.

Bakerella, makes some of the cutest cakeballs I have seen.
                Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

I keep reading about these cake balls, what are they??

Comment

I bumped up a recipe and explaination for you.
                    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

posted by floridagirly68

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAKE BALLS

• 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
                      • 1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting ( I used Duncan Hines..not whipped)
                      • 1 (16 ounce) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating or almond bark (many people said more than16oz is needed)

1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl (into tiny crumbs) and stir in the frosting until well blended.
                      2. Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water,(or a double boiler) stirring occasionally until smooth.
                      3. Use a melon ball or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Place on a cookie sheet in the freezer for several minutes to make dipping easier. Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set.

NOTE: This recipe is very versatile and heavily addictive. You can mix and match cake and icing flavors as well as the chocolate coatings. If you want to go the extra mile, cake balls can be rolled in nuts, sprinkles, coconut, etc. or double dipped in white and dark chocolates. Chocolate confectioners' coating is also called Almond Bark in some stores. If the balls are not frozen/cold, your finished product will not have a smooth coating. It will be lumpy and full of crumbs. These are easy enough that someone who doesn't cook can make them without difficulty. Many people commented that they taste like donut holes, only better.

Variations/flavors:

• White cake mix and mint chocolate chip icing - Dipped in chocolate confectioners coating.
                      • French vanilla cake with white chocolate almond icing. – Dipped in chocolate confectioners coating.
                      • Red velvet with cream cheese icing and vanilla confectioners coating.
                      • Red velvet with cream cheese icing dipped into milk chocolate coating.
                      • Chocolate cake, milk chocolate icing, dipped into chocolate bark.
                      • Lemon cake with lemon frosting and dip them in whit chocolate.
                      • Lemon cake mixed in white chocolate chips and lemon frosting, dipped in white chocolate.
                      • Spice cake with cream cheese frosting and coated them with white chocolate coating.
                      • Cherry chip cake mix and cream cheese frosting dipped in white chocolate.
                      • Fudge cake, mixed in peppermint chips and fudge frosting. Dip in dark chocolate.
                      • Chocolate fudge cake mix and coconut pecan frosting dipped into chocolate.
                      • Chocolate cake, butter cream icing, and dark chocolate coating.
                      • Chocolate cake/chocolate icing and dipped into raspberry/chocolate chips are melted with a bit of oil.
                      • German chocolate cake mix with coconut pecan frosting & dipped in melted semi sweet chocolate chips.
                      • Strawberry with vanilla frosting, dipped in chocolate.
                      • Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, dipped in white almond bark.
                      • Chocolate cake, chocolate icing and Andes candy bits. If you like Girl Scout Thin Mints you will love these.

Comment

Yum, that you so much.

Comment

Mine turned out beautiful. I covered some with white chocolate and some with milk chocolate and I also tried melting some colored white chocolate to tint the regular white. The tinted chocolate didn't turn out well as it doesn't turn into a liquid chocolate but is moldable.

I then streaked the white with brown and vice versa.

Needless to say, as a diabetic, these are not for me. However my co-workers will enjoy them.

Although the recipes state that the cake should be completely cool before crumbling, I found slightly warm helped the icing to incorporate quicker.

Comment

Working...
                          X