Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mil-grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Can I just say she dries me NUTS!!!!!
    MIL decided she would come in to see DS before his surgery in Jan. So she choose Thanksgiving weekend KNOWING FULL WELL I am NOT in the frame of mind to cook the big meal. But now she expects it. We made plans to go to a resteraunt. She COMPLETELY invited herself!!! But whatever,
    THEN she starts in with "I CANT sleep on your futon" (we purchased the futon SHE wanted with the BETTER mattress so SHE would be comfortable!). then says "oh dont worry about me, I'll sleep in that old recliner you have downstairs" WTH?
    THEN, she starts in with "you WILL send the kids downstairs to see me now and again WONT YOU? I dont want to be a bother...but I just CANT make those stairs of yours!!!" GRRRRRRRRR!!! There are NICER ways to say things.
    So DH says "I'll move the recliner fom the babies room downstairs for you" (the one I USE when DS gets up during the night, mind you) his mother says "I dont want you to go to any trouble...how about you go buy one of those lift chairs, I'll pay for it" WTH? So DH says "MA, what am I going to do with one of those lift cahirs? We dont have room for THAT!" I SWARE I AM NOT going out to buy a LIFT CHAIR FOR HER FAT ARSE!!!!! What hapened to "dont go to any trouble"? What am I going to do with that when she leaves 3 days later?
    THEN he offers DD's bed, but she sleeps next to DS who gets up all night..."No, that just wont due" she says
    GRRRRRRRRR!!!
    THEN HE starts in with me..."you always make her feel un-welcomed" he says... WTH? I was giving up the chair I USE EVERY NIGHT for the baby...and I AM MAKING HE FEEL UN-WELCOMED???? LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING SH-T HEAD...SHE WAS NOT INVITED!!!!! How dare she IMPOSE on us when SO MUCH IS GOING ON??? HOW DARE SHE MAKE EVEN MORE DEMANDS ON US WHEN SHE SHOULD BE HELPING? WHO IS SHE?????? She KNOWS we have a MAJOR DR appt the day before Thanksgiving...and SHE is PULLINH THIS CRAP?
    WTH?

Thank you for letting me vent...anyone need a MIL?

Re: Mil-grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

No thank you, I am so happy not to have my former MIL in my life anymore.
    I am sorry, you really don't need that kind of aggravation at this point in time. She knows what the sleeping arrangements are, so either accept or go stay in a hotel.
    I wouldn't cook, I would tell her that you are going out this year, and she is welcome to come along or she can stay home and heat up a TV dinner. You have your hands full with all that is going on and that's going to happen in January with your sons surgery, you don't need this. ((( Sewcute )))

Comment

Manipulative MIL!!!! Try not to stress too much and my best advice is to not go to a lot of extra trouble for her. My own Mom is very manipulative and because she lived a long way from us I went along with her manipulative ways and now I have her full time. (((hugs))) I love her but I feel I have lost all my freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Sewcute View Post
        Can I just say she dries me NUTS!!!!!
        You sure can, sew... I seriously think my former MIL reincarnated into yours...

I wanna say.... "run away... run away..." you have my sympathy...
        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

It took me many years to learn 'my house, my rules'......take it or leave it. Majority should rule and there are more of ya'll than her. She won't get so mad she won't ever come back......no such luck....so do what you can handle.

Comment

((((((BIG Hugs)))))))
            I agree with the other ladies!
            Be happy she doesn't live with you!!!!
            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

H O T E L........and who care if she "expects" it!! ( the dinner) Flat out, your not making it! Bummmmmer!! Wow, sorry, I got woke up by Jahovas LOL

Comment

I love my MIL, but the older she gets the more demanding she gets. Bless your heart, I hope dh will back you up, you have enough on your plate right now without dealing with her.

Comment

Thank you all for letting me vent...she's the one who scares the ba-jesus out of SATAN!

He puts her in her place...but then the pressure of it all gets to himand WE wind up fighting. Things are strained as it is.

Comment

Is she aware of the fact that your son / her grandson is going to have surgery soon? You would think that she would be more understanding and offer help, instead of causing more problems. Tell her it's not convienent to come this year, too much going on. Don't let her intimidate you.

Comment

Her whole reason for coming is to the see the baby before the surgery, she NEVER thinks SHE is a burden!
                      SHE thinks this is HER visit, and how dare I SAY I have to much going on to SEE HER. She is coming in for THE BABY!
                      She doesnt mention the week between Christman and New years was offered...but is just to cold for her...
                      She is a VERY self absorded woman and it DRVIES ME NUTS

Comment

I am new here and was just skating around and came upon this post. I have to tell you when I was reading it I was LMAO. Boy she does get to you huh? LOL.

Thank goodness she doesn't live with you, for your sake. Sorry to see your DD has to have surgery. Hope it is not serious. Good Luck.

Comment

Sewcute, you should just say no. You don't need the stress now and it will be felt by your whole family. I know it wouldn't be easy, but you need this time to be for you and yours. My sister always said, "Would you do this to ___?" and if the answer is no, then don't let them do that to you. I know what stress can do. Please just say no. You won't regret it.

Comment

((((MAJOR HUGS)))) I would give almost anything to have just one more week-end with my MIL. She passed away about 15 years ago. She was always much warmer and kinder and loveable than my own mother.

I totally understand because I just substituted 'mother' every time I read MIL. Your plans are fixed. Go out to the restaurant. Pleasantly invite her to join you in all the wonder chores and duties you need to fulfill in order to be ready for your little fellow's surgery. Smile and say 'I'm sure DD and DS would love to spend a few HOURS with you in the basement while I am taking care of other things and thank you so much for offering to baby sit.' Take her at her word and kill the old battle axe with smiles.
                            Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

{{{Sewcute}}} I am so sorry! I was just wondering which was worse, my mom (think Marie Barone) or my former roomie's mom, who would SHOW UP and stay for months.....
                              Stand your ground!
                              I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X