How do you clean your coffee filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you clean your coffee filter?

I guess some of you own paper filters and just throw them away.

I put a permanent filter into the dishwasher and everything got speckled with black. I guess that's wrong, huh ?
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Re: How do you clean your coffee filter?

I don't know if that was wrong or not. I used to have a filter like that in my old coffeemaker and I used to rinse it real good, so all the coffee grounds was gone, and then I put it in the dishwasher. Never had any problems. Now I use paperfilters and that is just fine for me.

Comment

We either just wash it (them... I have 3) by hand or in the dishwasher. They're discolored from the coffee, but they're clean.

No paper filters for us... no paper plates either... it's my TEENY green effort.
      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Well, my permanent filter is now used to filter varnish and paint. Dang thing never worked in the coffee machine. We use paper and compost the used filters.
        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

I use paper filters, but clean the coffee maker and basket with vinegar. Just run it through the machine, and then run plain water through. Works great.
          Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
            Well, my permanent filter is now used to filter varnish and paint. Dang thing never worked in the coffee machine. We use paper and compost the used filters.
            Compost the filters... DUH... what a great idea!!
            "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Working...
            X