I'm baffled over my power bill???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm baffled over my power bill???

Hmmm, can't figure this one out. Last month we did not get a hydro bill in mail,,,kinda forgot about it, sent a cheque, going by what I had paid for month previous. Then this month, yet again no bill and now in today's mail there is a refund cheque for the amount I'd paid???? Think some nice person is paying my bills for me??? LOL! Guess I'd better phone the company and see what the heck is going on!
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Re: I'm baffled over my power bill???

Hey Mudderbear,
    This actually happened to me a few months ago! Some ninny-monger read the meter WRONG and we were OVER CHARGED about $1400! Of course it was balanced billing, so I didnt notice and just thought (just like everyone else), CRAP - the cost of fuel is ENORMOUS!!! I complained just like everyone else...not knowing I WAS seriously over charged!
    Until about 3-4 months ago when our REGULAR guy came to read the meter...thats when we got the "check's in the mail" letter.

We never did get the actual "CHECK", but I havent paid a heating bill in 3-4...and they STILL owe me MORE! I can say I AM laughing all the way to the bank...LOL

Comment

Gosh, i wish we'd have that kind of luck. I just paid a $372.00 Edison bill today. I hope the refund is not a mistake and you get to keep it.
      Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

MY ELECTRIC BILL HAS GONE DOWN EVERY MONTH FOR THE LAST 4 MONTHS!! ****KNOCK ON WOOD****, THIS MONTH IS WAS LESS THAN $200, IT'S NEVER LESS THAN THAT!!! HOPE THEY'RE NOT READING THE METER WRONG.
        "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I wouldn't spend the money unless I talked to someone at the company, to make sure the money is really mine to spend.

Comment

I just went thru all my bank statements etc. and made sure that I paid each company the correct amount, everything checks out right, so I'm thinking metre was read wrong or my bill was stuck in someones else's P.O. box??? anyhoo, checking with hydro tomorrow, and not touching cheque til I know for sure!
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Working...
            X