baking 2 pies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baking 2 pies

When you are baking 2 pies do you put them both in the oven at the same time or do you bake one at a time? Last year I made 2 pumpkin pies and they baked uneven. Whats the secret?

Re: baking 2 pies

I bake 2 at a time

Comment

I put my pumpkin pies in at the same time. I notice if I stick a cookie sheet underneath they usually bake pretty good with no unevenness

Comment

I bake 2 at a time.
        If you use glass pans you should lower the oven temperature by 25 degrees.
        Such as if the recipe says 375 degrees, bake it at 350 degrees.
        I hope this helps a little.
        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Just rotate them halfway through - move the one on the right side to the left and then turn them so that the portion that faced the back wall of the oven is facing the oven door.

Comment

Make sure you leave some space between them also when they are in the oven, also rotate their positions

Comment

I'm baking 4 pies (2 pumpkin, 2 pecan) today...putting 2 in at a time...they seem to be fine, however, thanks for the tip on rotating them..sounds like a good idea!

Comment

I never bake my pumpkin pies in the oven, I use the micowave and they turn out perfect every time and only take 15 mins. Barbara
                cocacolabaka

Comment

I've never rotated mine. (never thought about that. oops!)
                  I've even overlapped them on the edge, for lack of room. Crust cooked in covered up part too.
                  Never had a problem.
                  But always, always put them on a cookie sheet, 2 at a time. And always lower the temp by 25 degrees from whatever the recipe calls for, no matter what kind of pan I use - simply because ovens are so different and I don't want to overcook them or brown them too much with being gooey in the middle. Have seen lots of folks do that.
                  Guess I've just been lucky so far.

But with cakes - I can almost guarantee that they'll split. Every @#[email protected]#[email protected]# time.

Oh well, at least they taste good!

Comment

Oh! Tell us more about baking the pumpkin pies in the microwave!! What's the crust turn out like??? Temperature, etc????

Comment

I posted the microwave pumpkin pie recipe in tried and true
                      cocacolabaka

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I just took my 2 pies out of the oven and they are perfect. I lowered the temp by 25 and did a little rotating. I use pyrex pie plates and just forget about lowering the temp. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                        X