Tuesday talks.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday talks.................

Good morning all. I am still trying to catch up here at work so I will be in and out of here periodically. If you all get a hot discussion going, you know I will jump in!!
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Re: Tuesday talks.................

Morning! I'm heading to town to pick up groceries for Turkey Day. Hope the shelves aren't bare like they were last year! I looked everywhere for bananas, and they were all green!

Have a great day everybody.

Comment

I am off on vacation starting today until next Monday. But I certinaly won't be relaxing until AFTER Thursday that is for sure!!!!

Today is filled up already with bathing the dog, cleaning the house from top to bottom and starting to do a few things to prepare for tomorrow which will be my cooking "prep" day.......you know, slicing dicing, getting things in casserole dishes ahead of time so all you have to do is warm it up on Thursday, etc. I am also going to try brining my turkey this year. So today is defrost the turkey day too and tomorrow is brining day!

I wish for everyone to have a blessed and peaceful Thanksgiving!!!!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Good Morning CK peeps, cooler this morning, but the sun is out. Not much going on today, I may set the table today and put out the serving dishes, make sure it's all in good shape. Tomorrow is my prep / pre-cook day, looking forward to having all my kids / grandkids together on Thursday.

Comment

Going to get the one thing I forgot to buy, at lunch. I forgot butter of all things!!!

OK, It's Tuesday before Thanksgiving....Gas prices went down overnight they usually go up before a holiday!!!
          "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

i have my cornbread in the oven now, will prepare that first thing weds morning.
            baking today, cookies and cheese balls. little tarts.
            going out to dinner tomorrow night so i don't have to cook that too.
            that's about it.
            I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Babe is leaving this afternoon for Springfield, MO (the big city, to us) to spend the night in a hotel near his neurologist's office so he can be there at the butt-crack of dawn for a whopping epidural shot in his back. The neuro sees patients once a week, locally, but for anything other than an office visit... ya gotta travel to his office, 2 hours north of us.

I'm not-so-secretly THRILLED that I get a whole night alone... TV remote is MINE... I don't have to do dishes if I don't want... I'm so easily entertained!!

Going into town after work to tutor kids... and hit the grocery one last time for little things I've forgotten.

Great day all!!
              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Hello everyone. Just doing Monday carry-overs on Tuesday LOL! I just want to accomplish so much before Christmas holidays and before I start baking. I started to re-paint my kitchen cupboards last week (white) and for some reason the paint is still sticky~oil-based paint~don't know what the heck is going on there? I'd like to get that chore over and done with soon. Other than all that, baking some muffins and maybe go for a walk later.
                Have a great day
                A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Any Of Ya'll Ever Do A Cookie Swap? I've Heard About Them, They Sound Fun. One Of The Docs Here Wants To Do One, She's Going To "research" How To Do Everything.

Comment

Good Morning out there in CKLand!!!
                    Tomorrow is our Thanksgiving!
                    I am all prepared except for cooking Dear Tom & baking the dressing. lol!
                    I will be making a couple of pies for a friend this afternoon. Will need to pick up a few items at the store. And I will be finished!!!
                    Have a great day !!!
                    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Nu, I'd love to do one, but no one I know likes to bake.

Here's a wonderful site that I found, pictures of swaps, recipes, step by step guide to doing one.

http://www.robinsweb.com/cookies/index.html

Comment

Thanks Luv!!! I'll Give Her The Site.

Comment

Ohhhh my aching feet, legs, back, hands, and most other parts of my bod. Hey all. Haven't been here much because of the craft sale that I have been preparing for. This week is baking. I made 6 batches of cookies yesterday. Today, I baked a full batch of peppernuts (the recipe calls for 8 cups of flour--took 4 hours of cutting and putting on pans and baking) plus 2 batches of cookies. Tomorrow is more of the same. Thursday will be prep day for quickbreads which I will mix and bake on Friday. Sale is Saturday.

So far I have made 2 each of Crisco Ultimate Chocolate, chocolate Chip cookies, The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Cocoa Oatmeal cookies, and Forest Rangers. Tomorrow will be Hermits and Raspberry swirl cookies (they take more time but are really yummy and hopefully should sell well) as well as another batch of peppernuts.

This is the first craft sale I have been in and a lot of what I am making is to test the waters for a possible home-based baking/catering service. I can't/won't do fussy, but I sure can do downhome-what-your-Gramma-used-to-feed-ya stuff. Fingers crossed that I will get some orders/repeat business.
                          Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                            This is the first craft sale I have been in and a lot of what I am making is to test the waters for a possible home-based baking/catering service. I can't/won't do fussy, but I sure can do downhome-what-your-Gramma-used-to-feed-ya stuff. Fingers crossed that I will get some orders/repeat business.
                            Good luck Ginger with your business, that's always been a dream of mine. Wow, on all the baking! They all sound good!

Comment

Wishing you all the best, Ginger in what you are hoping to get into with catering, etc. I'd like to do that too, but I'm just not as gutsy and driven as I used to be, so I admire those who do still have all that going for them!
                              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Working...
                              X