Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-minus 60mins and counting!

Wish me luck!

And have a SAFE and WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!! (((((((HUGS))))))) and (((MUAH-Kisses))) to ALL !!!!!

Re: T-minus 60mins and counting!

Have A Virtual Xanax From Me!!! Good Luck, And Have A Great Thanksgiving...... Give Thanks She's Not Moving In With You!! Does That Make You Feel Better?
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Good luck, keep calm, and tell yourself , this too shall pass. ((( sewcute )))

Comment

Keep a stiff upper lip... or a stiff drink nearby at all times ... whichever you choose!!

Think of her like bad drugs... JUST SAY NO!!

ha
        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Good luck! Just think of all the stories you'll be able to share with us. I know....keep a small notebook on you at all times and keep jotting down things. Then when she asks you what it is....TELL HER! LOL

Comment

Thanks guys! I need the pep talk! She's here and it's started...so...

everyone ELSE have a Happy!!!!

Comment

When does she leave? I hope Sunday. Thanksgiving starts the day she leaves. You really will have something to be thankful for. DH owes you big time for this. My in-laws stayed a month at a time and it was something else. My parents would never do that to us. They were so nice & quiet and how DH grew up to be so nice is beyond me. Think of it this way, she comes out & probably won't come back for awhile. Please share with us all the fun you had while she was on her visit. I swear never to do this to my DD when she marrys. I know having in laws living with me a month was way too much. Please never do this to your children.

Comment

Originally posted by roset View Post
                I swear never to do this to my DD when she marrys. I know having in laws living with me a month was way too much. Please never do this to your children.
                I think you've got something there, roset. I think those of us w/ MILs from hell will be a VERY different MIL when the time comes.
                "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Originally posted by luvs2eat View Post
                  Keep a stiff upper lip... or a stiff drink nearby at all times ... whichever you choose!!

Think of her like bad drugs... JUST SAY NO!!

ha

I say DITTO!!!
                  Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
                  Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Good luck Sewcute! Hope it goes by quickly for you, and check in when you can!
                    I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

I hope you are surviving okay. My day was quite nice and quiet. I ended up going to see the movie Australia. It is the first time in my life I ever sat in a theater by myself. I kind of enjoyed it. The movie was pretty good, but long.
                      I'm sure your MIL can't leave soon enough, and I wish you strength until she does finally leave.

Comment

Aw Angel, I should have joined you!
                        She leaves Saturday night... and NOT soon enough!
                        Just ALOT of miserable faces she makes, and she keeps STARING at me! Weird right? I can FEEL her staring at me and I just plain ignore it. The other night it was VERY uncomfortable, after about 5mins of her STARING at me without me looking I looked at her and said "Can I help you?" She quick SLAMMED her eyes shut and then pretended to be waking up... she said "Why did you wake me?" I said "Maybe you were just staring at me in your sleep then?"
                        "yes" (HUH! if you were staring at me in your SLEEP, how would you KNOW you were doing it?)

Comment

So did you go out to eat Thanksgiving dinner ? How did that go over with her? Just think she is leaving tomorrow ,, yeah!

Comment

We DID!
                            We met with my family members, and we had a table of 12 (including the kids). It was nice because I sat on one side and she was near the other side of the long rectangle table!!!
                            Only one other couple came back to my house after for dessert, she refused to come upstairs because she said her hip hurt. Then she smelled the apple pie warming...she was up in a heartbeat

Comment

LOL, isn't it amazing how that works out sometimes. Glad to hear you stuck to your plans, good for you!

Comment

Working...
                              X