OK, question about nylons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, question about nylons

you know, those runny things that go on your legs. Are they totally out now? Or can you wear them (black ones)with a black dress? I ask because I have very fair (white) English skin and I look like a ghost without nylons. So therefore I don't wear dresses anymore.

Re: OK, question about nylons

I always wear pantyhose when dressing in a skirt or dress, but then I'm no fashionista either, so don't go by me. LOL. I think this is probably a generational thing, i.e. I bet most of us 60 and over wouldn't think of going bare-legged when "dressed".

Comment

I'm just 56 but unless it is a very informal sundress I wear panty house. But I'm not fashion queen.

Comment

I'm 47 and I normally wear pants or jeans. The last time I had to wear a dress I felt only a little self-conscious about not wearing hose when I saw at least 4 ladies (some much older than I) also bare-legged! Maybe it's a Southern thing lol!
        I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

I'm 68 and I haven't had a pair of panty hose/nylons on in several years...can't even remember. I do wear anklets/socks ....and I don't wear dresses. Jeans, dress slacks only now and then a pant suit.
          I organize chores into catagories.
          Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

i'm 44 and wear a skirt evry day. i get the support hose that Leggs or Hanes sells at onehanesplace.com.
            I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

I think if you have great legs, you can go naked. If there are flaws or you need color get the pantyhose.

Comment

I like to wear the longer dresses or skirts that come about a few inches from your ankle. Then you can get away w/ wearing knee highs. Sooooooo much more comfortable!!!!!

Comment

If you are wearing a little black coctail dress, I think you should wear hose in a complementary colour. Besides, bare legs in cold weather remind me of kids who refuse to wear hats or mittens because they don't think it looks 'cool'.
                  Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Stuffing myself into pantyhose is an act I'll NEVER let Babe witness... ha ha ha
                    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

If I wear a skirt or dress , especially in the fall / winter season, I always wear panty hose. Haven't worn stockings in ages, but yes, they still sell them, I see them in stores.
                      With a black cocktail dress I would wear some very sheer black pantyhose. The ones I wear the color is called sheer mist.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Now I don't feel so dated. I look through the catalogs and everyone is bare legged. But those girls are young too!

Comment

LOLOL!! I'm rolling in laughter, OK...I've had a few glasses of wine today, it is Thanksgiving!

Luvs and jackibowen.........You got me with y'all's posts.

"panty house" quote by jacki. LOL!

Thanks!

Comment

For what it's worth....Tim Gunn (Project Runway, Guide to Style) was recently here in Milwaukee, and I was invited to a private meet-and-greet (I know somebody who had an "in"). Anyway, one of the women asked the hose or no-hose question. Tim felt that it was a question of climate and how good your legs look rather than an absolute rule one way or the other. He said that if you're more comfortable wearing hose, or if your legs need a bit of camouflage, definitely go ahead and wear them -- just make them nice and sheer or if it's an evening event, even play them up a bit and go with a teeny bit of sparkle in the hosiery.

Personally, I think the only people that look good without hose are people like Jennifer Lopez, who are young, have some natural color to their skin tone, and are toned, waxed, buffed and polished within an inch of their lives. Not many people fit that description. I never go without hose.

Comment

or wear bronzer on their legs with perfect pedicured toe nails. The average person really can't compare to celebrities, in my opinion.
                              I think very sheer hose looks good. And I can find the hose I wear in my grocery store , don't even have to go to the mall.

Comment

Working...
                              X