Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's for supper today, Friday 11/28/08?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's for supper today, Friday 11/28/08?

Whatchya havin' for supper?

I've got a bologna baking, got some fat ole green tomatos I stole from mom and dads last plant on the way home yesterday that I'm going to fry, and since I'm frying, I'm going to do up some okra also!!!

Found a recipe for Caramelized Apple Cheesecake, takes 6 (8oz) creamcheeses, so I'm going to do that later, or tomorrow with my 3lb block of cream cheese!!! I'll let you know the results!!
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: What's for supper today, Friday 11/28/08?

LEFTOVERS :eeks:

Comment

Me too Sabine....EEK is the right word...lol!
      Im going to eat fried with you Nu!
      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

We are having spinach & feta pierogies and chicken.

Nu: how do you bake your bologna? I've a Newfie recipe from a friend for a baked bologna casserole but, I haven't tried it yet.
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

We're having soothing chicken lettuce wraps
          chinese dumplings
          bean soup for whoever wants it
          Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding
          "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

It was pizza here tonight. We are out of turkey and mashed potatoes. The kids all started "picking" at the leftover sides and dessert. Then they were saying how they were hungry for pizza, so that's what we got. I hate it when the turkey goes first and then the sides are the only thing left!!!

Now I making "turkey carcass" noodle soup for tomorrow night, minus the turkey meat. I was remarking that I should get just a turkey breast and make it for the meat in the soup, but no one wants me to do that since I just spent a fortune on yesterday's feast........so turkey soup, minus the meat is what I am doing!!!!
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
              Nu: how do you bake your bologna? I've a Newfie recipe from a friend for a baked bologna casserole but, I haven't tried it yet.
              I buy a whole bologna, here I can get a 4lb loaf(?). I cut in half so there's not as much left over. I could probably even cut in quarters for the 2 of us. But, I take the red plastic off, place it in a baking pan that's not too big, and don't put in one that it just fits in, because it puffs up!!! I make a "paste" of brown sugar and plain ole yellow mustard. I smear some over it, and put about 1/2"-1" water in the pan, the bologna in the pan, bake it until it's good and caramelized, I cooked the 1/2 loaf, approx 2lb. for about 3 hrs. Sometimes I cover it, sometimes I don't, 350. and baste it with the paste about an hour after I started it, then about every 1/2 hr until it's done. If you don't cover it, it gets nice and caramelized, and makes almost a "crunchy" tart candy like gaze over the top. It's great for sandwiches the next day also.
              "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

we had Chuckecheese's salad bar.

The kids had pizza and cake!
                www.perfectlyposh/510sigpic

Comment

wanted to make okra fritters, but decided not too.
                  it' eat at your own free will tonight. all left overs
                  I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Tuna fish casserole, if I can get my buns back into the kitchen! LOL
                    Mary Ann in Wisconsin
                    "A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Comment

Turkey soup with lots of veggies and dumplings on top. It smells so good.
                      Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Had homemade spaghetti, tossed salad, jello and bread. Then for dessert we had either a choice of pumpkin pie or oreo cookie dessert. Decided to save the turkey leftovers for another day and go with the spaghetti

Comment

Working...
                        X