Escaped Gingerbread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escaped Gingerbread

I was hoping that my CopyKat friends would help me out.
    My 4 year old kindergarteners are starting a unit on gingerbread (Gingerbread Man). This week, we will be making a giant gingerbread man. He will escape while the children are outside at recess.

Could everyone send us a postcard with a note fom the gingerbread man? When we get the postcards, we will read them, post them on the wall and find your location on a map.
    I would REALLY appreciate it!

Weston Elementary - 4K Class
    E2511A Hwy S
    Cazenovia, WI 53924-9402

Re: Escaped Gingerbread

I've printed the address!! I'll send a card out ASAP!!! So....Is the Gingerbread man from Cazenovia a Casanova??? lol Is he out finding some Gingerbread women???
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Sounds like fun! I hope I can find a postcard to post!!
      I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Crabby, Our Walmart has a bunch of regional ones, try there.

Machele, does the GBman have a name? so we can sign the postcard from him? or just put the Gingerbread man???

Comment

Good question! Also, how will you know who they're really from?

Comment

Most of the stories just call him the Gingerbread Man.

"Run, Run as fast as you can.
            You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man."

This is going to be fun! I will try to post a picture in my photobucket account with the kids and the post cards.

TIA!!!!!

I really appreciate all those who will help me out. My 4-year-olds won't know or care who they REALLY came from, LOL.
            Last edited by Machele; 11-28-2008, 10:17 PM. Reason: more information?

Comment

Count me in!
              Sounds like a lot of fun for us all!!!!
              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Count me in too. I will try and get one out next week sometime.

On a different note. Reading this post about the gingerbread man brought back a memory of when I was a kid, our nextdoor neighbor and her boyfriend were alcoholics big time. They were in their late 50's I think. Anyways once when he was drunk he chased us kids up and down the street with a big butcher knife while shouting run run run as fast as you can, you can't get away from me, Im the gingerbread man. He could hardly walk let alone run because he was too drunk, so we just laughed at him and our mom made us go into the house. Back in those days we didn't call the cops for things like that. We just shook our heads. Sorry for the hijack, it just popped into my head when I read the post.

Comment

What a cute idea!! I'm sending off a card!
                  "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I will put a postcard in the mail on Monday.

Comment

I wonder who will be more excited to get the mail every day, me or the kids! ;-)

Hayburner: To funny- yeah I remember outrageous things- that, back then- you just shook your head!

Comment

I am bumping this once more, hoping to get a few more cards.

Thanks for reading!

Comment

Dadgum it! I knew there was something else I was going to pick up at Wal-mart today!! I even picked up the address and put it in my purse!!! Need to tie a string on my finger I guess, then I'd just wonder that the heck the string's for!

Comment

Thanks for bumping, Machele, I'll try to remember tomorrow!!

Comment

With 180+ people who have viewed, I would be happy we even a couple dozen postcards! It is a great way for young children to be exposed to geography and map skills.

We are going to make then Gingerbread Man on Tuesday (and again on Wednesday), then we will search the building before the district secretary informs us that she saw him run out the front doors.

I am thinking about leaving little traces of flour as a trail, but I am worried the janitors will put me on a hit list. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X