Isn't TODAY turkey day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't TODAY turkey day?

As posted earlier, we went to neighbors on Thanksgiving. I hadn't planned to cook, but was so envious of the awesome roasting turkey smell that I bought a turkey breast yesterday. It's been brining all night (in the apple cider brine recipe I found on here) and I'll roast it today. Can't wait!

We were also missing leftovers. We really enjoyed going to the neighbors, and will happily go again if we don't have family in visiting, but I love to cook our own turkey!

Just a side note to our visit w/ the neighbors... I think I've mentioned before that it appears our dog, Peaches, knows everyone up and down our road. Of course, she came w/ us as we walked to the neighbors and was welcomed inside for the whole afternoon! She has a water bowl at their house and even people I was meeting for the first time already knew Peaches!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Re: Isn't TODAY turkey day?

Luvs, that was so nice of your neighbors to give Peaches special attention. Seems she is making the rounds there. I hope you are adjusting to your new neighborhood. I know you moved in about a yr ago?? I think. I remember when you left Pa. to move there, has it been a yr.? Hope you enjoy living there.

Comment

Today is my turkey day. I too missed the leftovers and cold turkey sandwiches. I was working long hours before and after Thanksgiving so instead of cooking we went out for dinner. Even though it was good I prefer eating at home on the holidays.

Comment

We always go either to my Mom's for Thanksgiving or my SIL's, but I still do an entire meal for my family also. I learned that with 3 hungry men at my home, there were just never enough leftovers from Mom's or SIL's! So, I just make two of everything that I take, and then do my own turkey and other dishes so that we have lots and lots of leftovers. My boys LOVE it!! Dan turned them on to open face turkey sandwiches years ago, and I think they look forward to that part more than the actual dinner!

Luvs, years ago, in our old neighborhood, we had a sweet little "Benji type" dog named Dillon. He loved to go and visit. Everyone in the neighborhood knew Dillon, and I would sometimes get calls from neighbors letting me know that they had him, and could they take him with them to ..... where ever.... He had a dog door and a secret way out of the yard, so he would just go visit when ever the mood hit him!! A lot of times when I would meet a neighbor, they would say, "Oh, you're Dillon's mom!"
        Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
        X