Does anyone use a Pill Organizer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone use a Pill Organizer ?

DD takes a lot of pills and wants a montly organizer for her purse, but they're MASSIVE. I want it to be a surprise also ... I wonder if I shoudl get a 2 weeks one for her - or 2, 2 weeks...

Heck, if I got 4 one weeks, I could get Hello Kitty and other fun ...

What do you think?
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Re: Does anyone use a Pill Organizer ?

i know they help.
    i don'ttake any meds but if i did i would need one, i am so not organized.
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I use a weekly one. A monthly one would definitely be too large for my purse. If she is wanting tto do a monthly organization of her pills, get the type that each week will pop out or get the one you can get Hello Kitty.
      Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

I take a lot of prescriptions. I use a weekly pill minder. The monthly size one would be way too big for my purse, that's for sure. It would take forever to take my pills each morning if I didn't put them in the pill minder each week. I just keep it in the kitchen cupboard, but it's one that you can separate the days and take one or two days worth with you in your purse, and not have to take the whole week's worth with you. You can get all kinds and sizes. I have to have one that has quite a bit of space in each day. I have to fit about 10 pills in there, and some of them aren't very small.
        Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

I use a weekly one but have multiple ones if I travel.

Comment

I use one all the time but don't carry it in my purse. I take all of my pills morning and night. You could buy her the month one then a small daily container to carry in her purse. Each morning she could put her daily pills in it. If you are getting her a purse size make sure the closure is nice and tight. The plastic ones don't stay closed very good.

Comment

I do!! I have to! I've always been bad about taking my meds, I've taken thyroid since I was about 16, 30 yrs ago!!! and didn't take it 3/4 of the time, I'd forget, but as I'm older and have more "problems" (not mental thankyou!!) I have a bunch of meds to take. I have a daily one at work beside my phone, I see it every morning when I get here. I keep the bulk of my meds here at work, because I take them 5 days a week at work, and keep a smaller secondary bottle of each at home for the weekends. all my meds are daily. So the weekly planner at home will keep me 3-1/2 weekends. Otherwise I'd forget them everyday, weekends it's afternoon sometimes before I remember.
              "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Okay, thank you ...

Anyone else - anyone use an am/pm box ?

Comment

I take several pills each day, but so far I have been able to manage without an organizer. I take two pills each morning, after breakfast and the third one at night, after dinner. So I really don't need to carry pills with me. I line the pills up on my kitchen counter by the phone, so that I can see at a glance if I took my pills or not. So far that has worked for me. But I do think that those organizers are a great thing to have, especially if you have to take pills throughout the day while you are at work.

Comment

Me and hubby both use a weekly, he used to have one with 2 sides AM and PM but didnt care for it we both take our cholesterol pills at night straight from the bottle but there are many pro's to using a weekly organizer esp. for people like me who constantly forget to take them or wonder ...did I take my pills today? now it is fool proof for even me just look at the pill keeper to see if that day has been taken I cant stress how mant times that has been a life saver for me!

I never carry mine in my purse, keep them on top of microwave.

Comment

I use a Pill organizer...one thing to keep in mind is how many pills per day does she take. There are 1 week organizers or 2 week organizers and some of them don't hold very much per day (or large pills). This one is pretty cool because then she could take just one day's worth of medication with her in her purse: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=80269&catid=10677 without taking all of her medication for the week. Or she could put the whole week's worth of medication together and take just what she needs, maybe. This is like the one that I use: http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100598&navAction=jump&navCount=2&nug=VPD&skuid=sku4222433&id=prod4223563# because you can put larger pills into it. If you go into the Drugstore that you use you will find these or other configurations.

Comment

I've used the am/pm type that also you could take out a day at a time. Worked very well for me. But you do have to make sure it closes securely. All those pills in the bottom of a purse is a pain you know where.
                        Thank God for what you have.
                        Trust God for what you need.
                        Live well, laugh often, love much!!!

Comment

I take 15 pills in the morning and another 7 at night. I do not carry more than two days worth of pills with me because one time, on vacation, I lost a couple of weeks worth of pills when I lost the carrier. The insurance company will not pay for medicine within a certain number of days since the last refill - even if lost. Needless to say that was a very expensive lesson for me (it cost almost $3,500 to replace the lost medicine without insurance).
                          Believe in your abilities - amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic

Comment

I fix two 30 day ones a piece every month for my hubby and me. It just takes a little while each month to fill the morning and night ones then we are good to go for the month. it also helps me remember if I took that days meds since mon thru sun is written on each week.

Comment

this is what i got

http://www.insulincase.com/Apothecary-28-Day-Contour-Pill-Reminder-P601.aspx

i couldn't find anything locally so i paid as much for shipping as i did for the item. but it's perfect for her.

Comment

Working...
                              X