A Good Cookbook for a Teenage Boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Good Cookbook for a Teenage Boy

Does anyone know of a good cookbook for a 13 year old boy? Preferably one with lots of pictures and fairly easy instructions/ingredients. I have a nephew that seems to be very interested in cooking and I would love to encourage that passion. I want to get him a cookbook but not sure which one would be good for him! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    DEN

Re: A Good Cookbook for a Teenage Boy

i don't think it matters if it is a boy or a girl, a junior cookbook is great for either.

i think betty crocker puts out a junior book.

did you google?
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

google is my friend

punch in beginner cook book and this came up.
      all depends on how advanced he is, and what he wants to cook.

http://cookbooksforkids.blogspot.com/2007/12/cooking-for-beginners-cookbook.html
      I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Taste of Homes Annuals are great!! Easy recipes and color pictures every page!!

Comment

Here are a few cute ones. If you look at any of these on Amazone, they will give you plenty of 'similar' books.

A Man, a Can, a Plan : 50 Great Guy Meals Even You Can Make (Board book)
          by David Joachim

A Man, A Can, A Plan, A Second Helping: 50 Fast Meals to Satisfy Your Healthy Appetite
          by David Joachim

A Man, A Can, A Tailgate Plan: 50 Easy Game Time Recipes That are Sure To Please
          by Zachary Schisgal

The Can Opener Gourmet : More Than 200 Quick and Delicious
          by Laura Karr

The Real Man's Cookbook: How, When, What and Why to Cook
          by William J. Rayment

Comment

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I will be sure to check them all out! He is a beginner when it comes to cooking but I can tell when he does make something he can't wait for everyone to try it. I haven't been able establish if he likes to cook anything specific so I figured a "broad spectrum" cookbook would be best. I wanted to get him a cookbook that would appeal to his age group nothing to complicated but "complex" enough to keep a 13 year old's attention. Maybe one of those 4, 5, or 6 ingredient cookbooks would be good too. I figured one with lots of pictures would be best so if he is cooking something he has never made before he would be able to see what the finished product looks likes. I LOVE cookbooks with lots of pictures because it just makes you want to try different recipes even more! Thanks again and if anyone else has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.
            DEN

Comment

I have a cookbook with just the basic comfort foods. I can't get to it tonight because people are sleeping, but I'll find it tomorrow and post it.

Comment

Ok, Found it

It's called "Easy Comfort Food" by Mud Puddle Books, Inc.

It's got the basic recipes, but not many pictures. The recipes are easy.

Basic recipes include...but not limited too:
                Omelettes
                Pancakes
                waffles
                French toast
                Biscuits and gravy
                Chicken noodle soup
                chicken salad
                potato salad
                Spaghetti and meatballs
                creamed mashed potatoes
                fried chicken

You get the picture. All the basic American recipes.

http://www.spotcost.com/prices/9781594120169/

Comment

Rachael Ray has one. I can't remember the title, but I think I probably bought it at Wal-Mart.
                  Thank God for what you have.
                  Trust God for what you need.
                  Live well, laugh often, love much!!!

Comment

I also have this cookbook. Read the reviews

http://www.amazon.com/Best-1001-Short-Easy-Recipes/dp/193129478X

Comment

Working...
                    X