Fry Pans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fry Pans?

I am looking for a good non stick fry pan for myself and my 2 DD's. I've had Cooks Essentials, Ultrx, I have a 18/10 stainless steel that is good for frying chicken. I stopped using my cast iron years ago, didn't like it even though that was all my mother used. I've seen the cast iron with an enamel coating anyone have that? It looks so nice but does it cook without sticking? From my experience the non stick coatings wears off and then food starts to stick. Maybe the new non sticks are better, my pans are probably 5 years old maybe more. One local department store has the Cuisinart Advantage 10 pc for $99.98. I'm thinking of getting that and then dividing up the set. Another has Paula Deens 10 pc set for $99.97. Whats your favorite without breaking the bank. Is an expensive pan the way to go? I know those dollar store pans are worthless-junk.

Re: Fry Pans?

I got the Green Pan, from target, it's a Christmas present so I haven't used it yet. My g/f got Todd English green pans, they are made with a ceramic type of non stick & won't chip. She likes them. I just got one pan to try it out. My non stick are scratched & I think it's time to throw them out. I heard never to use Pam in a non stick, I always do it, read that in time it builds up, can't figure it out since I wash them in soap & water. Pots I like stainless, just a few frying non stick pans is all I want.

Comment

Re: Fry Pans?

Ally, non-stick pans are worthless. They wear out over time and must be disposed of. If one keeps the heat down a bit, a good iron skillet or stainless with an aluminum core are the best. They brown better and cook more evenly. If you burn some thing on the skillet, just partially fill with h2o and baking soda, bring to a boil and simmer for 5-10 min, depending on how badly you tried to burn the house down! JMHO, Laura

Comment

Working...
      X