need some Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some Ideas

We are cooking a christmas Supper for the teens at our church and the fca from the local high school. They do not want sloppy joes. So here I am trying to get some new ideas. I had suggusted Taco casserole or a baked Potatoe bar. Any of you great cooks have so super Ideas I can use? Thanks in advance .

Re: need some Ideas

Spaghetti and meatballs go a long way. Salad and garlic bread or rolls.

Comment

about how many will you be serving?? I like the taco idea...and spaghetti I haven't had in forever. Yummy!

Comment

Maybe even a build your own burrito or taco bar type thing. Potato bar's good. Maybe toast some english muffins, and put out the makings for pizza, build your own little pizza's, or give a choice of grilled chicken or hamburger and fries or chips.

Nacho's, with different toppings to build your own also.

I like build your own options, can you tell? lol

But then you have to think, are there any vegetarians, diabetics...etc
        "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I was going to say taco bar too, then they can pick and choose according to their individual dietary restrictions

Comment

I have done Hawaiian Haystacks with great success.

You set out rice, chicken grilled or sauted and cut into chunks, then your imagination can run wild. Steamed broccoli, carrots , snow peas or whatever veggies you like. Sauted diced onion, mushrooms, etc. Chow mein noodles, cashews, pineapple tidbits. Then to cover it, use sweet and sour sauce.

Set each thing in an individual bowl. HOwever, you may want an adult to serve the chix if you want. Then they start down the line, beginning with the rice...adding whatever ingredient they like, leaving off what they don't.

Fun and pretty. When I have done it in the past, I have asked the contributors to bring the things already cooked, etc.

Anyway, it is different and fun!
            A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Comment

I'd go for a build your own taco/nacho bar. Also, the recipe on this site for Fritolicious goes over huge w/ my teenage boys and their friends. It makes a big amount and is super easy!

Comment

We feed our teams and taco bar or fried chicken os always a favorite for them.
                We buy the chicken from a deli or KFC and we alll make differnt sides and desserts/ mashed tater, corn, ,slaw mac'n'cheese, baked beans go over good here. rolls
                I organize chores into catagories.
                Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

There were alot of good suggestions on a very recent thread...I believe it may have been 'feed a crowd'? In any case, I'll bump it up for viewing if I see it.
                  Mary Ann in Wisconsin
                  "A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Comment

Working...
                  X