X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back to life

i drove 6 hours on sunday to dads.
    rested on monday
    rolled out the driveway at 4 am tuesday drove straight to illinois 14 hours.
    went to the funeral weds from 1 to 11pm. ( this was the funeral at 2 til 8 then a dinner reception afterwards) woke up ate breakfast and drove back to louisiana 14 hours straight. craashed in bed woke up went to see my uncle 2 hours away. stayed the night left this morning drove 4 hours home. whew.

listened to EIGHTY ONE johnny cash songs in a row. thank goodness he is missing a cd in the collection or it would have been 120. picking cotton, they are poor, trains are coming, pick more cotton and he's in jail. gets out picks more cotton. never heard so much depression in my life.

there is a bunch to tell you all.
    but i'm beat.
    thank you so much for all the prayers. they were truly heard. loud and clear.
    i have not one complaint other than johnny cash songs, jazz songs, trumpet soloist cd songs. and all the vikki carr and patsy cline i care to ever hear.
    other than the music i have no complaints dad was nice.
    he was pleasent to be around he wasn't mean he didn't pick on me, he didn't belittle me to others. my brother did not show up. whew.
    it was a nice trip. thank you for the prayers.

my uncle.
    he's showing improvement. but he has a very very very long ride ahead of him.
    the stroke happen in the middle of the night, in his sleep ?
    we think he has some mental damage we do not know how much but he opens his right eye. his right leg responds to touch he hears us, he still has a breathing tube he had an infection in his lungs. but it's cleared or clearing up. breathing tube may come out monday if he is ready.
    no movement in his arm yet.
    very long road. aunt P is postive. all we can do is stay postive with her.

i'll be back soon, but i'm beat have laundry out the nose to do and a lot of catching up with my family.
    thank you for all the prayers.

caught some of the other sadness on the board.
    i will add ya'll to the prayer list at my church in the morning. may god give you all strength through this difficult time and be with you and your loved ones.
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: back to life

Stella glad you are back, we missed you.

Comment

Glad you are back safe and sound and were able to do what you had to do (or wanted to do). You made the journey, you were present and supportive and I'm sure all your efforts were appreciated by those in need. Get some rest Stella and we look forward to your return when you are ready!!!! Godspeed and prayers for your uncle now!!!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

(((Stella))))
        Welcome home.
        So glad you made the trip all safe and sound. We had heard of bad weather that way.
        We have missed you.
        Glad that you had a pleasant time with your Dad and that your Uncle is on the way to recovering.
        God is good!
        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

welcome back stella. Glad to hear that although it was a sad trip it wasn't completely unpleasant with your dad. I have a dad like yours too.

I can send him the missing cd for your next road trip, lol!

dragun

Comment

Glad you made it back home safe and sound.

Comment

Stell, glad you are back! Missed you!
              Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Welcome back Stella - long, long, long trip. Rest now

Comment

thank you

i have a bandaid on my finger tip. hard to type.

i learned today that i will not be paid for the time i was off last week.
                  since aunts uncles cousins are not immediate family, and therefore the funeral was not covered for me.
                  i said well yea i knew that, but take it from my personal days, i have 7 on the books.
                  she said well no, because you need a 5 day notice to use those. and there wasn't a 5 day notice. ohhhh ok then.

so i won't be paid, and i get that, i understand it, i understand why the procedure is in place. and this just means i have 7 days i can also take this year.
                  so there. don't give them to me now, i'll take them later and you'll deal with it then..
                  fix you.
                  I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Talk about the icing on the cake, huh Stella? Sorry hun.
                    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Working...
                    X