Fitness on Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness on Wii

Seems like a great idea. Has anybody tried it to reccommend it?

Re: Fitness on Wii

Yes we have it and it sure is a good work out. Although our intentions were really good when we bought it, but just like everything else, we don't keep up with it. Once we get something, we use it briefly and then just happen to forget about it.

Comment

Lots of people on my weight loss board are using it and think it's the greatest tool they've ever used for keeping their weight loss moving on down.

Comment

GayleTx, could you post a link to the board that you mentioned? (This is a great question but I guess not many of us have any experience with wii.)
        Mary Ann in Wisconsin
        "A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push.

Ludwig Wittgenstein

Comment

My g/f brought this for her DD for Christmas, she said it was hard to find and when she saw it she grabbed it right away, her DD wants it.

Comment

We have it, and all of us are totally bored with it. Its packed back in its box, sits in the closet. It was really cute to start, but after maybe 2 wks we were just so bored. I get a better workout walking. IMO not worth $90 at all. We love most other Wii games.

Comment

Originally posted by olmphoto2 View Post
              GayleTx, could you post a link to the board that you mentioned? (This is a great question but I guess not many of us have any experience with wii.)
              who are you referring too?
              lots of people here have experience with wii.

we got ours last year for christmas.
              today we have 22 games and the wii fit.

i like the fit, it makes the work out fun and time goes by fast. i like that you can earn credits to open more stuff. new streachs, new obstacles.
              i liked that when i first stepped on the board it made a sound that said ugh
              now it says aahh lol
              when i skip a day it says " were you too busy to exercise yesterday stella?" and i say oh no you didn't...

anybody can do wii, anybody can do wii fit. there is something for everyone.
              and i gotta say i am damn good at soccer.
              and getting professional at ski jumping.

not sure what you wanted to know. but we all love it.
              I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

love mine, it certainly doesn't replace the gym but it does give a wonderful balance and stretch work out. It will monitor your weight, set goals and give you an electric shock when you do not reach the goals (LOL not really but I bet that would help me around the holidays)

Comment

I am really interested in the wii fit also, but am curious if the board has a weight limit. I would hate to be the one who steps on it and the dang thing cries out in pain.

dragun

Comment

How much are the tapes?? OK how much is Wii Fit and guess you got to buy the games, does anyone have an idea how much this will cost total?

Comment

The Wii is price controlled I think, should be $249.99 everywhere unless a store rips you off by forcing you to purchase it as a bundle where they include some overpriced, sometimes unpopular games. The Wii Fit is $89.99. Game prices are all over the board. You only get one remote with the Wii console, you will need at least one more, we ended up getting 3 more, plus nunchucks. We also found that a recharging station was a must.

Comment

I love the Wii Fitness...TRYING to keep up with it too! We also have the Wii sports...which checks your "age" by giving you tests of indurance...thats why we went out for the Wii Fitness

Comment

I don't have the Wii Fit but I do have Jillian Michaels (the first one) and The Bigget Loser. Both of them kick my butt....when I do them. The Jillian Michaels is a little easier and The Biggest Loser will ask you where you've been and has recipes and stuff. Need to start using it again......

Comment

I'm glad to read all these reviews. I keep thinking I HAVE to have the Wii Fit... but KNOW it would go the way of any other excercise equipment I've HAD to have. It takes all the power I have to get myself onto the treadmill!! So, I'm not buying anything else!! I have a friend who works out about 2 hours every day w/ the Wii Fit!

We played games on Wii when I was visiting DD. The games we played were fun, but guess which ones I wanted to play most?? The 3 Mario games and Tetris... and I can still play those if I can find the danged Nintendo machine that's buried in a box! ha ha
                            "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

The SuperMario is great! I want the Just Dance.....I'm not very coordinated so it would be funny to watch!

Comment

Working...
                              X