Ski-ers...need your advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ski-ers...need your advice

I want to buy a pair of ski goggles for a Christmas gift...adult man.

So there are all these brands................

Oakley
    Bolle
    Gardini
    Jimarti
    Giro
    Spy
    Zeal Optics
    Scott
    Dragun..................

Does anyone here ski? Any advice??? I have no idea what ski-ers wear!

Re: Ski-ers...need your advice

Go to a sports shop. There are waaaaay too many features to choose from online. There are even goggles for people who wear their glasses underneath. Better yet, once you have been totally confused by the sports shop 'helper', buy the person a gift certificate so that he can pick out his own. If he is an avid skier, he'd want to do that anyway.
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

My 23 year old ds has a pair of Oakleys and really likes them.

Comment

This is nutsky's son, here to give my personal opinion on goggles.

I would suggest Oakley A-Frame which is most popular among snowboarders and skiers. The goggles come with a varity of lens color / tint. Oakley is top of the line and prices range from 75.00 to 140.00.

Next in line would be SPY, DRAGON, and SMITH.(No certin order)
        Price range is 25.00 to 100.00+. Come in all different models and lens color.

To conclude, make sure their stylish because if they not they probably wont be worn.
        Next make sure the lens have some sort of tint to prevent UV sun rays from bouncing off the snow and blinding you.

The lens color/tint is like comparing sunglasses, darker the tint the less light will come through. Hope this info is useful!

Chris

Comment

Thank you Chris! I was leaning toward Oakleys...........I appreciate your time to help!

Comment

Chris....if I might use your smarts again.................I looked on Amazon.com and here are the goggles I was looking at:

Oakley Shaun White A Frame

What say you about these??

And bless your heart for your help!

Comment

Hi again,

Yes, I think any color or style of the A-Frames looks good. Although Shaun White is a professional snowboarder not a skier. So if he is a skier he may prefer a different A-Frame. The strips on the Aframe is a trademark of shaun white, and thats what makes his different.

I have two pair, One solid white with Fire Iridium lens, and One solid black with Blue Iridium lens. If you got any more questions let me know.
              Chris

Comment

Thank you! I will keep looking around

Comment

Working...
                X