Update on my friend Rebecca...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my friend Rebecca...

Some of you may remember my posts asking for prayers for my best friend Rebecca..

She was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer at 39, back in June. Here is an update....Prayers please...

I just got off the phone with Rebecca a few minutes ago. She was crying when she answered the phone. When I talked to her on Friday, they found that the tumors in her lung and liver had not shrunk. And, there was now a tumor on her kidney. She had been submitted to MD Anderson Cancer center in Houston and was accepted. She was to have met with them on the 16th.

Sunday, she was trying to sort bills from her right hand to her left hand. Her left hand would not move. It just shook. Then, about an hour later, she was trying to make a sandwich. Her left hand would not pick up the bread. It would not move. It just shook. So, she called her nurse. They did an MRI that day. She got the results back today. It has spread to her brain. She has two spots. One on the stem, and one ... I don 't even remember where........She was obviously devastated.... She can not go to MD Anderson now. She meets with her Radiologist on Friday, They are going to try and zap the tumors. I felt like such a loser. I couldn;t think of anything to say to help. I just told her I was so very sorry... I told her to keep her faith. I told her I was praying for her every day. Didn't seem like enough. I am going to see her on Saturday. Will probably spend Saturday and Sunday with her. Stay the night, try to help with any housework that she needs help with, etc....

I wish I knew what to say................... Can I ask for another round of prayers for my friend?
    I truly believe in the power of prayer. She sure needs some power right now....
    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Re: Update on my friend Rebecca...

Prayers from me. lost my friend last dec. 23rd to the same, you are a great friend to spend time with her and help ...hugs.

Comment

Many prayers for your friend and her family. Sometimes life doesn't seem fair. (((hugs))).

Comment

At this point, your time and physical presence are among the most valuable gifts you can give, so don't feel guilty if you cannot come up with just the right words at this time. Just you being there to hug her, hold her, cry together, laugh together is going to be some strong medicine right there.............along with others contributing the power of their prayers.

Hugs and prayers to you as well, Lauren, so that you have the strength to be strong for her.
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

As previously stated, just the ministry of presence can mean so much more than any thing you might say. Even some of the great theologians could find a situation like this hard to deal with. Just your being there to help any way you can, can be so much more comfort to her, as she knows that she has someone who cares. PLEASE.....don't belittle your efforts, as they are just as good as anyone else. These are the times that bring us together, and it can be such a comfort to those in need.

Comment

Prayers are being sent, I'm just speachless it's so sad especially at her age. God Bless her and I agree just you being there is so valuable more than words can say. ((((((HUGS))))))
            Please keep us update. Lauren hugs to you too..

Comment

My Mom had a best g/f that was dying, Mom went to the hospital said I really don't know what to say to her. I know after I leave the room I know she will be dead. She went in and talked to her, they talked about all the years they were friends & the things they did. Then before leaving Mom said I will not say goodbye because I know we will see each other later. They hugged, Mom told me that and I cried so bad. Mom never cried. She said we will see eachother later and knew it. Mom did die too. I think those two are together. This is so heartbreaking for anyone to go threw this. I am so sorry.

Comment

Many prayers from here also.

Comment

(((((Lauren))))))
                  I was so hoping to hear that there was a breakthrough. I am so sorry.
                  You are both in my prayers.
                  Just being with her is better than any words that might be said.
                  Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Prayers sent for your friend and for you to have the strength to deal with this.

Comment

Prayers for you and your friend.......May God bless and keep you..
                      Last edited by nommie; 12-10-2008, 08:48 AM.
                      Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

I'm so sorry that your friend is going through this. I agree with the others here that just your being there for her is the best gift of comfort you can give. I'll be praying for you both.
                        (((hugs)))

Comment

This is so sad... I'm so terribly sorry... continuing heartfelt prayers.
                          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

so sorry to hear this .Lauren at this point she needs you and other friends. Just Pray for God's will to be done and that in his mercy she doesn't have to suffer much longer,an dhe will call her home.

I have a friend going through this right now. she had her MRI of the brain last week. Her news was better the cancer had not reached her brain.and they accepted her.It's so hard to watch someone you love and care about suffer.Prayers to continue for her and you.
                            I organize chores into catagories.
                            Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

(((((Laurren))))) I'm so sorry to hear this latest news about Rebecca. It's so sad. She's so young.
                              Sometimes there are no words that will help. I'm sure she knows you are praying for her. Unfortunately, that's about all that can be done for her now. Miracles do still happen,. I will certainly keep her in my prayers, too. You are a wonderful friend.
                              Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Working...
                              X