Hey Stella!! did you need a new roof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Stella!! did you need a new roof?

i work with a guy who lives on my street. there are 10 houses on my little dead end street.

today i see him, he calls me and says hey, did you want a new roof? i said why, you getting a new job lol
    he said no, but i have an esitmate for you.
    i said what? you are funny what are you talking about/?

he says that he called for an estimate, the guy calls him back and said
    you have a two level house. he said ugh no i don't.
    yea, the house with the little house in the back? he said no.
    pool? with an enclosure? he said no that is the house on the corner.
    he said yea that's what you said first house on the corner, he said no i said last house on the corner.
    the roofer guy said oh my god. i saw this house and thought you left the ladder out for me and everything, i climbed up all over that house on tuesday, took all the measurements.... those people could have called the police on me.

i laughed and told him tell him no we wouldn't have done that, but tell him i am mad he didn't pick up a brush and finish painting the house!! llol
    i said tell him to go ahead and send the estimate will be fun to see what that costs now.
    the roof was put on in 2000 how long does a roof last?
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: Hey Stella!! did you need a new roof?

I think ours has a 25 year warranty.

Comment

Most roofs have a 25-30 year warranty. According to our roofer (we just had a new one put on a couple of months ago), the warranty doesn't mean anything. Shingles are being made so cheaply that he said if you go with top of the line shingles you'll be lucky to get a good 12-15 years from the roof. If you read through the warranties, the small print states that it is just basically an estimation of how long the shingles last, if they do not last that long no damages are covered, etc. Quite the scam they have going on! The price of roofs really went up. We had a quote from 3 years ago for $9000 (dh got hurt shortly after that and with his 2 surgeries we couldn't afford it). It just cost us $17,000 to get the same roofing job done in October. Not what I was expecting, but it HAD to be done.

Comment

And the warranty doesn't cover instalation either. So if the installers do not do a proper job--no tar paper, no flashing around chimneys or in valleys--you have no recourse if your attic is damaged by water. Seems that these days, we all have to be roofers, plumbers, electricians....not so that we can do the jobs but so we can identify when they are not being done properly.
        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

How long does a roof last ? Hopefully longer then 8 years. We have a slate tile roof on this house and it's about 25 years old, no problems.

Comment

Stella, That's*funny*..lol

Comment

Not to hijack but a few years ago when I was selling real estate, I had a listing that we got a contract on and the buyers were concerned about the roof. Thru their realtor, they had a roofer come and do an inspection, although they didn't let me (the seller's agent) or the sellers themselves know anything about it. Sellers called me saying that someone was up on top of their house...did I know anything about it. I call the other realtor who says (this is for real...no joke) "Wow, I had no idea the inspector would have to actually go up on the roof." Two story house even...kinda hard to see fr/the ground. I should have handed her the sign she deserved. lol

Comment

DUH!!!! Here's your sign!
                Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Working...
                X