Thank you for all of your support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for all of your support!

Thank you for all of the kind words and prayers. I needed them so badly.

Still don't know what to say or do, but I am getting there. The kids are home until after Christmas. That will keep me busy for awhile.
    I keep getting well meaning advice.
    Go back to work, it will keep your mind off of things.
    Stay home for awhile, give yourself time.
    Sell your home, you cannot stay there.
    Do this, do that.
    I know they mean well, but I can't leave our home. It was our dream for so many years, and we finally got it.

I am having Christmas at my house this year for my very large family. It was decided months ago. When I was asked if I still planned to do this, I said "Of course I am, it was Johns favorite Holiday." It never even occured to me not to. Having my whole family in our home will feel good. Weird, but good.

I'm sorry for running on and on, but I think I needed to blather.

It felt good too.

Laura
    "Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Re: Thank you for all of your support!

You "blather" all you want to. That's what we're here for. I've always heard not to do anything for a year, especially move. Give yourself all the time you need.

Comment

Time and family and friends will help! (((((hugs)))))
      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Laura lynn, keep blathering! We are all definitely listening. I don't know in your situation that I would make any major decisions until you personally feel ready to. Only you can know what your are or are not ready.

dragun

Comment

The best advice I ever heard after someone lost a loved one is not to make any rash decisions for at least the first year or two. You need that time to see what direction things are headed for you.

God bless and take your time through your grieving process, go with what "feels" right to YOU. People are well meaning, and you gotta love them for their good intentions..........but they aren't you living your life. I know this from the experiences of living through it when my mother died at age 36. I was only 12 (one month shy of 13) yet I can distinctly remember friends and relatives trying to tell my dad what to do with his kids, his house, his job, etc. That experience alone has affected me in many ways over my life and how I look at things, etc.
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Having been in your shoes, I would suggest not to do any major decisions like sellling your house at this time. Give it a couple of years ,if you can financially afford it , it will come to you in time what to do. I had to go to work to support myself and my son, so I went back to work part time almost right away, and full time about 6 month later. You will know when you are ready to do that. If your kids are grown, you may want to go back to work, just to be busy and money is always good.

Comment

I haven't been on for about a week,lauralyn. I'm sorry to hear about your husband.

Do all the blathering and carrying on you want....

Hugs!

Comment

I agree with the above. Don't make any life changing decisions for a while. Give yourself time to grieve. And do it in your own way, at your own pace. Every one is different. Come here to talk anytime you need. Hugs,

Comment

Laura, my heart goes out to you. Hold those kids as close to you as you can. You are in my prayers.

Comment

Working...
                  X