Fibro, Lupus, RA sufferers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fibro, Lupus, RA sufferers

I have Fibro and Lupus. Noticed on the threads I am not the only one extremely tired.
    When I am off work all I can do is sleep--day and night. Is the weather affecting us?
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Re: Fibro, Lupus, RA sufferers

I don't have any of the above except being tired all the time. I sit on my couch and start falling asleep - I've never done that. It's all I can do to get up to go to bed.

Comment

I have fallen asleep at my computer at work!
      Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Since doc put me on Lyrica I could sleep 23hrs a day like the cats. I know the cold weather is encouraging me to sleep too. I am cold so putting a blanklet on just makes me nice & cozy.

Comment

I know my medication is affecting this--Cymbalta, Lyrica, Inderal, aand Fentanyl patch.
          Nommie

Comment

I Use To Have Alot Of Fatigue, Would Fall Asleep Anywhere I Sat Down, Did A Sleep Studdy, Found I Had Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Wear A Cpap Machine Now, Love It, Don't Fall Asleep Anymore.

But I Do Have Rheumatoid Arthritis, For The Most Part It's Tolerable, But Starting Friday Evening, Had What I Would Call (my First) Ra Attack, Horrible Pain/fatigue, Pain Lessened Up Mid Morning Saturday After Hot/hot Shower, But Just Had To Make Myself Do Stuff The Rest Of The Weekend. I'm Hoping It Was The Front Going Thru And It Will Go Away Soon.
            "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Nu - I have Apnea as well and use a CPAP - this sleepiness is an extreme strangeness for me. However, it beats the sleeplessness I generally suffer from.

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                I Use To Have Alot Of Fatigue, Would Fall Asleep Anywhere I Sat Down, Did A Sleep Studdy, Found I Had Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Wear A Cpap Machine Now, Love It, Don't Fall Asleep Anymore.

But I Do Have Rheumatoid Arthritis, For The Most Part It's Tolerable, But Starting Friday Evening, Had What I Would Call (my First) Ra Attack, Horrible Pain/fatigue, Pain Lessened Up Mid Morning Saturday After Hot/hot Shower, But Just Had To Make Myself Do Stuff The Rest Of The Weekend. I'm Hoping It Was The Front Going Thru And It Will Go Away Soon.
                The neurologist mentioned a sleep study for me-don't really want to do it.
                Nommie

Comment

Originally posted by nommie View Post
                  The neurologist mentioned a sleep study for me-don't really want to do it.
                  DO IT! YOU'LL FEEL SO MUCH BETTER IF THAT'S A PROBLEM
                  "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

nommie.....I was forced to get a sleep study to qualify for a surgery but after I did I was ever so glad I did - the first night I had my CPAP I woke up feeling better than I'd felt in a long, long time. I loved that little machine! I used it for about a year....wouldn't even take a nap without it! After I lost weight I didn't need it any more but it made such a great difference in my rest while I did need it. Please consider it!

Comment

my dd has fibromylgia..so far she's been doing really well..hasn't been feeling tired..her joints haven't been bothering her as much...no migrains or acid reflux..

Comment

Nommie I have pretty severe RA and I know when I don't get enough rest I have flare-ups. You should take the sleep test.

Comment

For the last year, I have been having almost constant flares. If it isn't the Lupus it is the Fibro or both!
                          Nommie

Comment

Working...
                          X