Cat people I need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat people I need your help!

We have a cat and she about 3yrs. old. Her litter box has been in the same place for a long time. The other night instead of going in her litter box she went on a runner carpet that we have in front of our aquarium. So I picked it up and washed it then put it back. This morning she did it again!! What's up with her? She knows where her box is, so why is she doing this?

TIA,
    Nicki

Re: Cat people I need your help!

My bet is that she has a urinary tract infection.

Comment

I think she is pissed off and marking her spot on your rug...one of our cats enjoys the bathrug right before James steps out of the shower...HAHA he hates it.
      www.perfectlyposh/510sigpic

Comment

Is this a poop or a pee?

If it is a pee, it could be either of those two reasons. If you find her going in other 'hidden' spots, get her to a vet because that is a sure sign of urinary problems and they are not cheap to fix! Try spraying a little vinegar on the carpet or removing it completely for a little while and see what happens.
        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

It's pee! I'll talk to my vet today, thanks!

Nicki

Comment

Yep - anytime a clean cat pees on something other than their litter it is generally a vet thing.

Comment

Mine was doing the same only it was poop. under DS's bed or in corner in DD's room Litter boxes were always clean
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Many years ago, I had a cat that did that when I brought home a new kitten...
                Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Sometimes something has spooked them by their litterbox. Try moving it slowly to another spot. Don't just pick it up and locate it another room. Just move it about a foot ot two every day or two. Then you can do the same to put it back in the original spot. Maybe something fell on him or her and they associate that with going potty there. Just a thought. But in the mean time u may want to visit the vet. Could be crystals or UTI. Hope this helps. I love my cats, but they are totally diff than my dog!
                  www.thenewmommiezblend.blogspot.com

Comment

One of our kitties, Tigger, pees on the bathroom rug if the cat box is not totally clean. We use the clumping kind of litter and have to keep it cleaned out constantly. She is very picky. As long as the litter box is clean, she doesn't go anywhere else. My cat, Malibu, on the other hand will never go anywhere but the litter box, even if it's dirty. Good kitty! lol

I hope your kitty is not sick.
                    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

My cats have only ever gone outside the box when they were ill. I know of other friends who have had their cat get angry at them (they had been away) and do their business in their nice, clean folded laundry or on their bed.

Comment

when my cat had a bladder infection..she went into the bathroom sink..she also wants her box kept clean..maybe it's time to change it's litter..another reason why my cat tinkles in the sink

Comment

DH and I took our kitty to the vet today. She has a bladder infection, poor baby!! He gave some meds to give to her twice a day. We bought Cat genie litter box. It washes the litter and then dries it, so it's not her box.

Comment

Dang that sounds fancy!

I taught my Blue Russian to pee on the toilet when I was 15...that was so cool...my brother didnt think so though and loved to leave the seat up so he'd fall in...what a stinker.
                            www.perfectlyposh/510sigpic

Comment

Wes, hope she feels better quickly.

Sharkie, I had a friend who once had six cats one of whom decided on its own to use the toilet. Their litter box was in a spare bathroom.

Comment

Working...
                              X