"THE" Inauguration..........for me.....no big deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "THE" Inauguration..........for me.....no big deal

I know, not a food to eat subject, but a food for thought subject, does that count? All the hoopla about this is absolutely driving me "nuts"! The people in this area, like the mayor and some town council people, going all the way from Florida to this event, when the economy is absolutely as rotten as an "apple", what gives? Just slap a crown on his head, and call it a done deal.

Re: "THE" Inauguration..........for me.....no big deal

what gets me is people saying History has been made.
    ok. and. history would have been made no matter who won.
    history is made every day somewhere. this to me is no different than any other presidential election, there is no difference to me. pass the white huse keys over, give them a dog and be done with it.
    it's been done before,amd will be done again and again......
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

right, and all these "celebs" vying for the opportunity to attend, sing, etc. just are dring me absolutely nuts!please get over it, let him take him place in the white house (no pun intended) and get to work, its all about him going to immediately fix the problems with this country, and yet, this over the top expenditure that is not going to make him any more or any less the President is just.............a waste. Get to work, get busy, initiate whatever you say you are going to do to get this country back on track, that is why you were elected. quit wasting time, get to work, and get this country back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by dottalk View Post
        right, and all these "celebs" vying for the opportunity to attend, sing, etc. just are dring me absolutely nuts!please get over it, let him take him place in the white house (no pun intended) and get to work, its all about him going to immediately fix the problems with this country, and yet, this over the top expenditure that is not going to make him any more or any less the President is just.............a waste. Get to work, get busy, initiate whatever you say you are going to do to get this country back on track, that is why you were elected. quit wasting time, get to work, and get this country back to work.
        LOL, don't hold your breath, he has already said that it's going to get worse before it gets better. I don't remember him saying that when he was campaigning ? So what do you think they will serve for the special inauguration dinner ?
        Will I watch the inauguration on TV, most likely. Unless I have something really important to do , like having my nails fixed or my hair done or meeting my girlfriend for lunch.

Comment

I agree with you. These stupid politians are all alike. They will raise our taxes and we pay out the nose but they go first class all the way and we pay for it to. I am passing all this crap by this year

Comment

and now, Aretha is going to sing and Rick Warren is going to pray, not necessarily in that particular order. I just am not going to watch, I dont care who he has singing him in to office. The waste of money on this is just too hard for me to watch.

Comment

Every inauguration is a big event and costs a lot of money, no matter who the incoming president is. I don't think it will be any different for this inauguration. It's the same every 4 years, preachers preach ( and let's be thankful it's not the Rverend Wright ) and some famous singer sings. Even so I must say I am surprised that Areatha Franklin was chosen, isn't she a little past her prime. Surely they could have come up with somebody more current ? Not a fan of Rick Warren myself, I am surprised that Jesse Jackson wasn't picked.

Comment

well I dont think Jessie Jackson is a huge fan of the Obamas.

I think it will be interesting to watch! Maybe Michelle has some neat recipes to share like the former first ladies have. I cant wait to see what goes on! LOL

I didnt vote for Obama, but this is very interesting to watch!
                www.perfectlyposh/510sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkie View Post
                  well I dont think Jessie Jackson is a huge fan of the Obamas.

I think it will be interesting to watch! Maybe Michelle has some neat recipes to share like the former first ladies have. I cant wait to see what goes on! LOL

I didnt vote for Obama, but this is very interesting to watch!
                  Recipes to share ?? LOL .... Laura Bush was in the governors mansion here in texas before her 8 years in the White House, don't think she cooked, ever. And neither did her MIL, that's for sure.

Comment

Sabine~ I have found some of Laura and Barbara Bush recipes online and there is also a site just for presidential home favorites.
                    www.perfectlyposh/510sigpic

Comment

Of COURSE things are gonna get worse before they get better!! Look at the MESS he has to clean up! And I don't think he's been spending much time on what to serve for the Inauguration dinner... all I hear about on TV and the radio is how he's hit the ground RUNNING... getting the peeps he wants to work w/ in order.

The celebrity thing means nothing to me... who cares what they think any more than we care what any one else thinks?

I agree that it's a huge waste of $$, but I read that a lot of it is donated for the big parties... could it be spent elsewhere?? For sure... but so could those big bonuses the car guys and the financial guys are getting. It's all relative.
                      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkie View Post
                        Sabine~ I have found some of Laura and Barbara Bush recipes online and there is also a site just for presidential home favorites.
                        Yes, but did they actually cook those recipes ? I have a book about a white house chef that cooked for the Clinton's and then the Bush family. Tons of recipes, fancy recipes that were prepared for state dinners and then also what the family ate in their private dining room for lunch when there was no company. Very interesting book. Seems that Laura Bush has a more refined taste then her husband, LOL Name of the book is " White House Chef" and the name of the chef is Walter Scheib. He is not at the White House anymore, seems that he and the Bush's didn't see eye to eye at certain things.

Comment

Originally posted by luvs2eat View Post
                          Of COURSE things are gonna get worse before they get better!! Look at the MESS he has to clean up! And I don't think he's been spending much time on what to serve for the Inauguration dinner... all I hear about on TV and the radio is how he's hit the ground RUNNING... getting the peeps he wants to work w/ in order.

The celebrity thing means nothing to me... who cares what they think any more than we care what any one else thinks?

I agree that it's a huge waste of $$, but I read that a lot of it is donated for the big parties... could it be spent elsewhere?? For sure... but so could those big bonuses the car guys and the financial guys are getting. It's all relative.
                          Spending time on deciding what is being served would be Michele's job, wouldn't it? Or maybe she doesn't have any say about it either. Maybe that's all decided by White House staff ?

Comment

No matter who wins it is all the same...broken promises and BS.
                            Too hot to handle, too cold to hold!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                              Spending time on deciding what is being served would be Michele's job, wouldn't it? Or maybe she doesn't have any say about it either. Maybe that's all decided by White House staff ?

She has peeps that do that. This is like any other big to-do, they have event planners hard at work. This is a chance for the US to shine.
                              Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Working...
                              X