Need help naming a cat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help naming a cat!

Well, looks like my little live-in stray might become a permanent resident here! He went to his first "Adopt a pet" at Pet Supplies Plus and didn't get any takers. DH is breaking down and mentioned maybe we should just keep him! I figure if we give him a name, chances are he'll be staying.
    Anyway, he is very sleek, pure white with ice blue eyes and deaf. Trying to think of a very unique name. Your input please!

Oh he sounds adoreable.

Since he's pure white how about Angel?

Comment

What a lucky kitty
      They say a one or two syllable name is the best for a cat:

Snow
      Lucky
      Scotty
      Blue
      Casper
      Cloud

Comment

I'm not good at picking names for animals. Mine usually go for at least 2 weeks with no name sometime up to a month. After getting to know them there name usually just comes to me. I have a friend who has a cat similar to what you described and she named hers Merlin. Boy does that name fit that kitty he'll disappear and reappear on ya all the time. Good Luck finding a name for the kitty.

opps wanted to say(but forgot to) Congrats on a new kitty your so sweet to adopt a rescue.
        ""Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.""

Comment

My pure white cat's name is Phoenix as in (the rising of/ out of bad comes good) long story.
          I love the name Casper too. Your white cat being deaf needs to be around other cats, not an only child. Deaf cats take thier cues from other cats so they know when its time to eat, or if their is danger or threat to them, and other things. As they cant hear, they will watch your other cats. They ususally always stick cvlose to another cat, like the buddy system .
          Deaf cats cant usually meow either, so he mill move around silently (like a ghost/Casper). I hope you keep him. Im sure he will be well cared for.

Comment

Panda, I never knew that about deaf cats. Thanks for the education

Comment

All pure white cats are born with blue eyes. But some change and some dont. It's a chance you take geting a white one. For the longest time I thought my white was deaf, and eventually hers changed from blue to green. She still has a very strange meow, like she cant hear herself "talking".....and I know for sure she has "selective deafness", cuase sometimes she just totally ignores me. But then she can hear me pop the top on their can of tuna from 2 floors away on the opposite side of the house!! So I know she really isnt!! lolol

Comment

how bout icecube to go with the eye color. i had a pure white, but he had golden eyes. his name was buddy, but told dh later on we should have named him spook, cause he liked to sneak up on you, chop
                http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

what about Asia....
                  I'm Not Bossy, I just have better ideas

Comment

White deaf cats sticking with a buddy cat makes sense, thanks Apanda! I got the perfect buddy for him...Trey, my 3 legged black cat! Then I'd have a salt and pepper team!

Comment

The first name that came to mind, after reading about deaf cats and their lack of meowing, was WHISPER. Let us know what you decide to name it. *smile*
                      I planted some bird seed. A bird came up. Now I don't know what to feed it.

Comment

Bandit
                        Marlo
                        Slinkers
                        Nipper
                        Tipper
                        Farley
                        Finnegan
                        Monty
                        Tiko

Comment

I Vote for Casper

Comment

I also love the name Casper
                            People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to pick on rich women than biker gangs.

Comment

Uno

You said your other cat is named Trey (kind of like for his three legs) what about naming the white one Uno or Dos or something.

You said you wanted something unique. I first thought of Shiloh.

If you can't find any that you like so far, you can go to

http://www.behindthename.com/random/ and you might get lucky and they

will pick a name out for you.

Let us know what you decide though, I am interested to know what the name is going to be.
                              So much to do, so few people to do it for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X