Accidently taking two high blood pressure pills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidently taking two high blood pressure pills

my hubby did that this morning ...and we make them up weekly, so each day is actually labled.

Now I will worry ALL DAY.

did u call the doctor to see if you should be concerned?
    ~ The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must
    be felt with the heart ~ Helen Keller ~

Comment

I am going to call pharmacy ...I did call him at work which I never do and he said that explains why he is feeling so funny, I told him to come home or to ER.

Editing to add we use the container marked with each day now because he is always forgetting if he took his pills or not.

Comment

calling the pharmacy is a great idea.. my sister ( shes a nurse practioner ) always says they have so much knowledge.

I am sure your besides yourself I know I would be.. I hope hes ok.

Comment

Thank God!

I talked to the pharmacy and she said to make sure he doesnt make any sudden movements and to watch him and monitor his BP ...what a huge, big relief that is. soon as he gets home I will take his BP

Thanks MsNette, and your sister is rite!

Comment

hows he doing now?
            http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

Did he take 2 different kinds of BP medication, or 2 of the same one? I take 2 different kinds of BP medication, and I have skipped days, taken the same pill twice and forgeotten about the other pill. I've always been fine. Well, maybe that is subjective!

Comment

What did they mean "as long as he doesnt make any sudden movements"???? What might happen if he did?? And is a sudden movement like a sneeze???? Getting up to fast???
                I have taken 2 by accident before also. But my bp was actually so high at the time it actually helped! lol

Comment

I just replied and it just vanished!!!

He accidently took 2 of the same bp pills, he has to take Lotrel because the regular beta blockers dont help him. he said he felt different!! the pharmacy said no sudden movements that would invole bending up or down too fast but for him to do that slower. I freaked out heavily yesterday and he is fine!!!!

Apanda wow!! sounds like it was a good thing you took 2 with your bp being that high! do you have it under control now? sure hope so. I am just the opposite mine is on the low side.

Comment

Ive taken bp meds for 26 years now. It's a genetic thing. One side of my family is really low and the other side is really high. You would think we would have turned out with normal bp wouldnt you?? lolol Im fine. Sometimes it goes crazy. I have had to go to the hospital for it on a number or occasions You just learn to monitor it, and when it gets really bad I have a second prescription that I take with the regular one. When something is wrong, it does make you feel "weird". Hubby was right.

Comment

Gosh Wishingstar, how is he feeling today?

Comment

He is fine today ...has been out working on his 38 sedan since 6 am!!!

Comment

BTW, how is that car coming along? Hope you share pix when he is done

Comment

glad to hear your Dh is fine

Comment

Working...
                            X