I need a new computer..anyone help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a new computer..anyone help?

I have limited funds..(don't we all) this computer is so tired and slow. I mean what do you expect from something almost 6 years old and bought at Wal mart at the Thanksgiving sales?

I have been looking at Dell and Best Buy also at Costco. Anywhere else I should look?

I need a new puter soon myself ...I think maybe a Dell package when I do decide and can afford one.

Good luck

Comment

First system was an IBM and it was awesome, second system is a Dell, son's laptop is a Dell also. Although we have our beefs with the Dells, they do seem to do the trick for us.

Only downfall was the tech support because you do call India (I think) to get anything resolved. I could never communcicate and often gave up. Not sure if any other company has outsourced their tech support either.

Do you want a desktop or laptop?

Comment

Desktop I think and I'd like a slim moniter instead of this big thingy.

Comment

Call Dell and get something better than ya have now. Ya just need to improve a tad. As long as ya going forward, ya doing better in the computer world.

Comment

You will probably get a really good system and deal with Dell. Seems they are the king of puters. Hope you get one soon.

Comment

Dell's are really good. I love my new HP too If you are getting windows XP then I would highly recommend a gig of RAM. The price of computers has really come down, so you can get something pretty decent and not spend a ton.

Belinda - I think pretty much everyone has outsourced something to India - makes me mad for many reasons.

Comment

I wouldnt mind a HP actually.

Yes it irks me to not be able to understand when calling for help...AOL broke me in about 10 years ago! I asked what country they were in and to my surprise they were rite here in the USA!

Comment

Oh another thing you may want to consider is that windows is coming out with a new program called Vista. I think I am going to wait before I get a new one and make sure the new Vista is loaded on.

Comment

I love my windows 98SE but have to upgrade sooner or later ...to me it is the best OS!! I dont think I will try Long Horn or Vista ...XP will throw me for a loop no doubt and I am not looking forward to that ...my Brother 5 in 1 is not compatabal so lots to buy and do ....sooner or later! lol

Comment

Wow fatkat seems to know a lot about everything.
                      "If you're given a choice between money and sex appeal, take the money. As you get older, the money will become your sex appeal."~Katharine Hepburn

Comment

Working...
                      X