Owl Houses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owl Houses

Anyone have them around their property and if so do the owls use them? I saw a pix of one in the Birds & Blooms magazine the other day and was very interested in one.

Never seen one but would be interested too. we have a owl whoooing here almost every nite!

Comment

Last week I had that owlie in my tree and now I want to try and attract them.

Comment

I am almost positive we have one in the barn, not far from our bedroom window.

Comment

wow I only thought they lived in tree's in the summer & barn's in the winter

Comment

Where do Owls live? I always thought they lived out in the country somewhere!

Comment

Could be in the trees ..we get such a nice variety of all kinds of animals here with the creek sooo close! I dont know much about owls really but we have had a lot of rain and I havent heard it as much the past week.

Comment

I live on the edge of town but not in the country and we have owls hooting all the time. I was shocked to see the one I did last week in our tree. I have no idea what it was in town for but it was.

We also have the giant woodpeckers that are the size of a cat and my father said the owls often will take up house in an woodpecker hole in a dead tree.

Comment

I have never seen an owl house, but, I do know people who are insane enough to build bat houses. Why would anyone want to attract flying rats?
                  "If you're given a choice between money and sex appeal, take the money. As you get older, the money will become your sex appeal."~Katharine Hepburn

Comment

Bats eat unwanted insects, like mosquitos etc. They are good to have around....just not too close.

Comment

I am not fond of bats either but yes, they do eat mosquitoes that carry nasty viruses. Not fond at all of bats that get in your house at 3am and land on your hubby's pillow while he is away fishing in upper Canada

Comment

We have 2 owl boxes on our place. They have been in place for at least 10 years. We have had 3 different times that they nested and raised their young here. You can also check on wood duck boxes. They work well for owls also.

Comment

Fatkat, are you kidding us with that story? I would invite a whole family of raccoons to snuggle under the covers with me before I could have a bat on my pillow.

Comment

Bennet, I kid you NOT.

HUbby takes an annual fishing trip to Canada with his father and is usually gone from Sunday to Sunday. The Saturday before he was to arrive home, I was woke up in the middle of the night with flapping wings in my face.

I totally freaked out and ran to the master bath and it took me a good long time to come out and see if it were for real or if I was dreaming. Well at this point, the cats are going nuts and it flew out of the bedroom and down stairs into the living room.

I ran in the bedroom to get the phone and call someone, anyone. Called my parents and they finally calmed me down and said to turn on all the lights and shut doors.

I did but I could not sleep knowing that thing was in my house. It did attach itself to our riverstone fireplace up near the ceiling. When hubby pulled in, I about collapsed in his arms and told him. He went in with the fishing net and caught it but that thing was screaming and showing it's fangs.

OMG, what a nightmare

Comment

Working...
                            X