Raccoons in the City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raccoons in the City

I cannot stand these creatures in our yard.........last week when we had the owl in the tree around 1:30 in the morning I heard screeching from the owl and then the screaming from a raccoon. I ran downstairs to see what was going on and a raccoon ran across the street from under the neighbors van, up my driveway and then into the neighbors bushes.

I hate them and wish there was a way to get rid of them. You city folks, do you get them too?

We live out in the country, but my friend had one that came up on her front porch and proceeded to tear the screen off of her window with them sitting up in there watching t.v. They ran him off, and he came back the next night and did the same thing. Brave little soul!

Comment

The only raccoon I've ever seen is a stuffed animal. I always thought they were so cute. I love the commercial where the raccoons have taken over someone's house while they are on vacation and are enjoying the furniture. I think it is a commercial for recliners. I always wondered how they got the raccoons to act like that.

Comment

We are not in the city and all the little creatures are driving my dogs mad!!! we had to cover up the sides of their kennel just so they will go outside and not see any...and they also now sit and just look out the windows. the worst prob here is the overabundance of rabbits and woodchucks!

Comment

Dreadful dirty awful creatures. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about those nasty things. Ewwww.
          "If you're given a choice between money and sex appeal, take the money. As you get older, the money will become your sex appeal."~Katharine Hepburn

Comment

Don't get me started on the opossums and groundpigs either.............ewwww.

Comment

Good gosh do you live on a farm with all these nasty creatures?
              "If you're given a choice between money and sex appeal, take the money. As you get older, the money will become your sex appeal."~Katharine Hepburn

Comment

What's a groundpig?? We have 'possums and ......armadillos....now they will really mess us your lawn!

Comment

OMG!!!! possums ...dont get me going on those either!!!

Editing to ask ...whats a groundpig? sounds funny!!

Comment

Yep

Well, I actually live in city limits in a subdivision and while we do get a few raccoons, I get lots more possums. They come to yard and run along top of my wooden fence and drive my little Zeke crazy. He can smell them from inside the house and barks to go outside. Because he is a small dog he doesn't usually see it, but he can smell it and hear it growling at him.

Comment

LOL, sorry. Groundpigs are groundhogs or woodchucks........whatever you call them, they are the same.

We don't have them in the city but when I go to my sisters, they create giant holes in her yard and you can twist your ankle in them.

They are also dead all over the roads and interstate around here.........those, the deer and oppossums.
                      Last edited by fatkat; 06-05-2006, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Thats a good name for them Fatkat!! the farmers HATE them here. they come out and just take forever digging and drive my dogs nuts ...grrr!

Comment

Judging by the pics you have posted over the last few months, I can't believe you have raccoons! That is terrible. It's one thing to have them in the country, but you are surrounded by houses. Have you found any nests (I assume they live in nests, or are they underground animals?) I feel for you, I wouldn't want to face a raccoon in the night! Raccoons are bold too, they will go anywhere.
                          A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

Raccoons in the City

We live in downtown Houston and several years ago we got rid of a raccoon by spraying the backyard with fox scent. It's fox urine that can be found at most stores with a hunting dept. WalMart carries it. The raccoon probably figured he was going to be a tasty meal for a fox.

Comment

Good thing we have fence around our little garden!

Comment

Working...
                              X