Baby Books & Your Grown Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Books & Your Grown Children

When did you give your grown children their baby books and such stuff? Or when were you given yours?

I never had one but I have a tote full of stuff that belongs to my son that I think he would love to have someday. On my trip to Colorado next month, he asked me to bring the baby book. He is 20 now so I am wondering if this is a good time to give it to him or just bring it back home. He really just wants to share pictures with his girlfriend.

I gave my kids their books and other stuff when they got married. I don't know your son, but I know that my son probably would have not taken care of that kind of stuff at age 20.

Comment

Sabine, that is what I am thinking too. I think I will "share" the book while we are there and then bring it back home for safe keeping.

Comment

My mom gave us girls ours when we moved out. She was tired of storing them, I don't know how tired of them she could be because only about 1/8 of the baby books were filled out and she didn't save much. I was 18 when I left, and I no longer have my baby book. I think it ended up in the trash honestly. If I would've been able to have kids, I would've done a much better job on the baby books so they could have something to reflect back on.
        A good friend will come and bail you out of jail.... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, that was fun!"

Comment

I am 27 and just got married 5 months ago... she didnt give me them then.. but 2 months ago my dad died in a race car accident.. and I got all my baby stuff and other items from her in one fail swoop.
          She told me she was gonna give them to me when I became pregnant.

I think I should have gotten them earlier maybe when I turned 21??
          Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Comment

Chefkel, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. My condolences to you.

I've never gotten any baby books, don't think my mum had one for us. Are these like photo albums that you're talking about?
            "If you're given a choice between money and sex appeal, take the money. As you get older, the money will become your sex appeal."~Katharine Hepburn

Comment

They are all still on a shelf in a closet. When they ask for them they will get them. I even have their outfits they wore home from the hospital stored in a box.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions..........Maybe I will wait until he is settled in his own home and married.

Comment

I had never even considered giving DS1 his baby book. He is the only one I made a book for but because he was so small and feathred in the news paper where he was in the hospital, there is ALOT of stuff in his. Now that you have put the thought in my mind, I think I will give it to him when he has children at the age of being interested in seeing how things were for "daddy".
                  Those that do not know how to weep with their whole heart don't know how to laugh either. ~Golda Meir~

Comment

Working...
                  X