Question about bikinis...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about bikinis...

Does it matter how old you are to wear one? I worry about looking silly every year. I love a bikini rather than a one piece....it's easier to get off for a bathroom break when it's wet ...

I found Figleaves.com for some great swimwear..... I need an F cup and normal stores don't carry swimwear that size...

Know any others off hand?

i dont think it matters anymore, esp after we went to florida 2 years ago. there were a couple of girls (yeh young) but they were "big" girls. one must have weighed about 200, and they were in string bikinis. and u could tell by their tans, this is what they always wore. so if they can do it, u can at also. and my thoughts are...........if someone dont like it.......they dont have to look! chop
    http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

I went to the beach last weekend and I didn't see anybody with a one piece on. Even the people who looked like they just washed up on the beach had on the skimpiest string swimsuits you could possibly imagine.
      I don't think you would look silly at all. Just try to find something that will give you extra support on top so you don't pop out if you decide to go swimming. Maybe try to find those 2 pieces swimsuits that are not totally bikini top. The kind of top that extends down the stomach a little bit. Thats the kind I got and I love it. I can't think of a particular brand so I can't help you there.

Comment

Whatever you are comfortable in ~ I say wear it

Comment

Wear what you like and don't worry about it. Think the bathing suit with the longer top is called a tankini and that's what I have and I also love it.

Comment

God bless you for being able to wear a bikini! Oh how I wish I could. But I mustn't....that would be a crime against humanity.
            As for age...there is no rule. When I travel to the Caribbean, women of all shapes, sizes and ages wear bikinis.
            Go for it!

Comment

Wear whatever youre comfortable with. If I felt comfortable in a bikini, I sure would wear it and not give a rats butt whatever anybody else thought of it.

Comment

You wear your bikini and enjoy! Age makes no differance!

Comment

I say if you have the body for a bikini then age doesn't matter. The only time I ever wore a bikini is when I was 4.. I say flaunt it if you have it.
                  ~ The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must
                  be felt with the heart ~ Helen Keller ~

Comment

I only wear a t shirt and short's

Comment

I would if I could!!

Comment

ewwwwwwwwww! Need a new suit this year ...........reading everyone's posts, sounds like I may need to go to two pieces ........... ewwwwwwwww! May need to "psych myself up" for that one!

Comment

I'm 54 and wear a DD cup. I cannot find a one-piece to fit me. (I'm just big boobed not big hipped) I found a local place that will custom make bathing suits for a very reasonable price (I'm talking about $150 for CUSTOM fit!!!) Check your phone book for local places that do costumes. The custom fit is really worth the money. And honey, I will NEVER be too old to wear a bikini!!
                          Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

If you feel comfortable wearing a bikini or two-piece.. Go for it! Age doesn't matter!
                            Make sure that when you try on a bathing suit, you jump around, raise your arms... this will let you show you if you have boob fall out! (Been there done that.. and I'm not overly endowed!).
                            If you are feeling self conscious when walking on the beach, like I do, get yourself a sheer skirt/wrap.
                            Tessa

Comment

Ginger, I too wear a DD cup .........and probably shaped close to your shape. In the Clearwater area, there are stores that sell two piece suits in assorted sizes. It has been a good solution for DD who is exactly the opposite in figure from me ... Can you believe the mother of 3 still wearing a 32 A? Somehow, I just haven't been picturing this Granny in a two piecer ... and, would not wear a suit enough to justify the custom price. Somehow, I'm beginning to think a T shirt and shorts will be my new suit.

Comment

Working...
                              X