Let's Talk Express Lanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Talk Express Lanes

I don't get it...........I have a package of porkloins, a bag of grapes and 4 ears of corn. The STINKY guy in front of me has 10 Silk milks, 10 bags of Soy chips and 10 cans of something else. They must be the 10 for $10 deals. He gets to the cashier and says " I thought I only qualified for 3 items since they were all identical" and then he didn't have his card for the discount. She had to leave the register and go to the Customer Service counter and have them look it up.

This took forever and a day and all the while I had to breath is STANKY body - good golly

Does this happen to you too?

What a moron. Doesn't it just figure? Nothing is ever as easy as it is supposed to be.
    We have a tendency to pick the longest lines, where there is inevitably a problem with a price check, the cash register, the scanner, the debit/credit card machine, etc.
    It's enough to make you wanna pull your hair out.

Comment

I hear you, that kind of stuff drives me nuts.

Comment

I always try to see what the cahier is doing before getting in any line!

Comment

I LOVE the people who get in line at the express with their 12 items. That's all they have, so they qualify. Then as they wait in line they keep leaving their cart in line and running up and down the aisles and keep adding to their cart with 2, 5, 7 more items each trip. Shopping from the line is still shopping!! Then they dont wanna leave the express line cause "They have been waiting", and "They only had 12 items WHEN THEY GOT IN LINE!

Comment

I came home just now from Wallyworld and had a different check out issue. (sorry to hijack) The woman being checked out did not put the divider up and the cashier proceeded to check out the next persons stuff. The woman in front of me had a couple of small kids and was not paying attention. Anyhow, this woman screamed and yelled that she was not going to go to customer service to get a refund for the stuff that was not hers because it was not her fault so she made the cashier do it for her. The cashier left the line which is now about 8 people deep and when the cashier returned, this woman informed her THEN that there were more items and she had better go back to customer service for those. At which point, I told her that she was a very rude and inconsiderate woman to hold us up too.....and her response, she flipped me off and started yelling at me in Spanish!!! There we all were trapped in the line and she was screaming at me.

I understand her point, what an inconvenience, but she was totally not paying attention to the 5 items she did buy. She held us up for about 15 minutes. I was pissin' mad.

And yes, I think people take advantage of the express check outs too!
            A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

Yes, I got that all the time when I was a cashier. Or else they'll say, I have an extra item or two, can I still come through the express lane? Thanks for the reminder that I'm so glad that I'm no longer a cashier!

Comment

We have a self-check area... where you're supposed to go w/ one or two items. Can't tell you how many times people walk up there w/ a full cart and the poor cashier who oversees the 4 self checkers spends her whole time trying to help them cause they don't know how to make it work!!
                "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Hunebe, you can hijack all you want.........this entire post can be dedicated to grocery store quirks - LOL

Comment

I was at the grocery store yesterday and every checker was a checker in training, at this store the checkers also bag the groceries themselves. I was in line behind a woman that had maybe 20 items and it took over 20 minutes for her to get to my order. I was so frustrated, I know they have to have time to train but every checker at the same time... UHG!!!
                    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to pick on rich women than biker gangs.

Comment

That's when I help myself to the Enquirer or the Star and learn all the TRUTHS about the stars!! ha ha

(I don't envy stars at all... I saw one where the photo of Angelina Jolie very pregnant was so grainy, you know the photographer was probably a mile away. Geez... to have NO privacy whatsoever!!!)
                      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

How about when you have half a cart full, the express lane is empty, so the checker calls you over to check you out, and then someone with a few items comes along and gives you a dirty look because you are in the wrong lane? I'm thinking...it's not my fault, she told me to come through, but I still feel guilty!!!

Comment

I got in the express line a few days ago and the customer in front of me had 4 cans of baby formula, which she ended up paying for with WIC coupons, which take forever and a day for the cashiers here to ring up. I know she didnt break any rules, but it still ticked me off having to wait longer than I would have if I'd gone into a regular lane.

Comment

Originally posted by fatkat
                            Hunebe, you can hijack all you want.........this entire post can be dedicated to grocery store quirks - LOL
                            I have had this happen more than afew times!!!

Scenario....I am in line getting checked out when BAM! I notice something just rang up higher than it really is, last and most recent this happened at Walmart (where I am sooooo sick of I barely go to anymore!) well the cashier had to call dairy dept....many times (like 5) meanwhile line is getting longer oh and so are the stares!!! about 15 maybe more like 20 mins later all people already changed lines the cashier is told the eggs are being substituted for the ones that were on sale ....thats why I seen them stocked there ...I was so frustrated having to wait, really pissed me off the store didnt have the common sense to enter that into their system OR at least tell cashiers even note it by the product so I could have told her, not even the supervisor knew! I dont honestly care what people think ...not my fault the store is stupid!

Can anyone tell that got on my nerves just a eeeinsy - bitsy bit? LOL

Comment

Is there a 12 step group for this......LOL I think I need to join one. I HATE, HATE shopping.....actually don't hate the shopping, just hate the check out!

AllieK- yes, that has happened to me too!

cottun- I know, I know

wishingstar - totally understand the frustration!
                              A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

Working...
                              X