tennis elbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tennis elbow

anyone ever have tennis elbow? i just got back from the doctor and i have tennis elbow. i have to wear a brace that i really don't see how it will help, but if it doesn't in a couple weeks i will have to get a cortisone shot. any tips to help this mend? it even hurts to use the stapler here at work.
    SHEL

only way to heal it is to wear the brace so you don't keep jarring it and give it time. Did your Dr. tell you to use ice or heat, or a combination of both?

Comment

Tennis Elbow

No She Didn't Mention Anything But Motrin Or Tylenol. My Hubby Thinks I Should Give Up Golf And Volleyball--which More Than Likely I Should--golf So Far Hasn't Hurt My Elbow, But I Haven't Tried Vball Since My Elbow Started Hurting.
      SHEL

Comment

Keep wearing the brace, it will work over time. I wore mine about 2 months. I took Aleve for the pain. The cortisone shot is no fun!!

Comment

Yeah, those 2 sports would agitate an elbow. I got mine years ago by swatting my toddlers little behinds, with my elbow locked. It took awhile to heal completely. If you ever do anything like golf and volleyball after it is healed, always wear a brace to support it.

I can't remember which, ice or heat, you are supposed to use to help take the swelling down...that's why I asked.

Comment

I don't have problems with my elbows but I do with my shoulders. The doc has had me on antiinflamitories and they help to a point but the cortisone shots I get about twice a year do the most good.
            People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to pick on rich women than biker gangs.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Everyone For The Tips.
              SHEL

Comment

If you can at all costs, avoid that cortisone............OUCH. I had one in my left hand a couple weeks ago and my pinky is still numb and sore. It really hurt

Comment

my old man has had alot of problems with this and yes the brace has helped alot
                  I'm Not Bossy, I just have better ideas

Comment

Working...
                  X