That Was a Long Haul

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Was a Long Haul

I thought I would never get back on here. Man, that frustrating not only for me but others as well.

I hope word spreads so that others will know if the could not get on chat that they can get on this one till the problem gets resolved.

A big thank you Ladies for the help you were giving me. I know others were grateful also.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Re: That Was a Long Haul

g'day, livetobake... ((((((((HUG)))))))))) Sorry I wasn't able to get you into the regular board.
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Do not be sorry, Stephanie tried over the phone and it still would not work.

I even told her that you were working diligently so that myself and others could get on. Some made it and some like Vera and myself could not. I don't think it is our computers I think it is this board or whoever runs it. I think that is called the "host" maybe?

Anyhow, thank you so much for trying and being patient.

Comment

There are two things that come into play here.

1. The hosting company, that is where the message board's computer physically sits.
        2. The Software

The software hasn't been upgraded in awhile. I am using a version that is about 12 to 18 months old. The hosting company may have changed some internal settings, I know that file paths have changed. That's why if you are using and old book mark you will get a 404 error.

The message board works well if you go to http://www.copykatchat.com , and your computers cache is not corrupted, and your personal hosting company is using an up to date DNS server. If going to the URL http://www.copykatchat.com, and then trying to click through the forums it can mean one of a couple of things
        1. Your computer is trying to load an old page
        2. Your computer's cache is corrupted
        3. The DNS servers your host looks up are out of date

Here is how to clean out an Internet Explorer cache
        https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

It's the weekend, and it is a holiday week, I am unlikely to get support on this. I have tried a couple of things, I can go to an all cloud solution, but I will loose the all of the posts . The all cloud solution would mean that the board would run well in terms of software/hardware without a problem.

On my part I have when in and reindexed the database, and rebuilt all of the supporting files. It has not fixed the URL structure. I need outside help with this problem.

Stephanie

Comment

I think her problem is a corrupt cache, or her hosting company is pointing to the old DNS servers which are bringing up an out of date web page.

Comment

g'day, Steph... I emailed a direct link to livetobake to see if that works but I haven't heard back from her since. Poor girl is going crazy...
            I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

OMG... I'm so glad to be back! I've been checking in daily and finally went the long route thru CK... I've missed you all!!
              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Amazing how addicted one gets isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                X