Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a pool with an inflatable ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a pool with an inflatable ring?

The kind where you blow up the ring and the sides rise as you fill it with water?
    If so....we have a problem. Our ring has a leak and won't hold air. The water is holding up so far, but I don't dare get in the pool for fear of it collapsing. We can't find the leak. Does anyone have any tips on how to find a leak in a huge inner-tube type pool ring? I'm so bummed...
    TIA

Mix some dish soap and water, shake hard to get lots of bubbles, either spray it on around the ring or brush it on. You should be able to see the bubbles moving and popping where the hole is.
    Good luck.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I don't know how big your pool is, but dh does something similar as livetobake suggested when looking for a leak in a tire. He rubs dish liquid diluted with a tiny bit of water around the tire, searching for bubbles.

Comment

I have the same type of pool but have not had a leak "yet (fingers corssed)"...I agree with the dish soap and water. I just found a leak in my tire today and had it fixed and I used the dish soap and water to locate the leak. Keep us posted and good luck. I hope you find it. I know my kids want their pool up but we have been busy. I am hoping this weekend.

Comment

sorry can't help wish i could

Comment

http://www.askalanaquestion.com/above_ground_pools.htm

Dealing With An Inflatable Pool Air Leak?

I have one of those pools with an inflatable top ring. Seems to have a leak and I am slowly losing air. Any suggestions about locating the leak and fixing it? I appreciate your time and effort.

Aimee, New Jersey 5/22/2005

Look for signs of bubbling, where the ring is covered with water. That will indicate the location. If you don't see bubbling, the leak is above the water llevel. Get some swimming pool algaecide that contains dimethyl ammonium chloride. Make a solution of one part algaecide and 3 parts water and stir it up with a 1-2" brush so that it lathers a bit. They use a technique like this to find a leak in a tire. You don't want to use soap, because you don't want it to end up in the pool water. Brush it on the seams and other areas, until you find the leak. Once found, clean the area with rubbing alcohol and allow to dry off. With this type of thin walled pool, you cannot use a traditional vinyl adhesive and patch, as this can damage the vinyl. Boxer Adhesives offers a complete line of vinyl repair products, including an adhesive patch that is intended to be used with pools just like yours. Visit them at www.boxeradhesives.com for more information. If necessary, it can even be used under water!!! I hope that this information will prove helpful.

Comment

bump for Maddison

Comment

Thanks, Bee...I will share this with DH.

Comment

Working...
                X