Teacher Gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teacher Gifts

Hi everyone! Does anyone have any ideas for end of the year teacher gifts?

TIA
    LMK
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

I think that candy sundae that doro was making the other day would make a good teacher gift or maybe a gift certificate for a movie or dinner.
    Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

I think a gift certificate sounds great
      So much to do, so few people to do it for me.

Comment

How many teachers' gifts do you need? I like both the ideas mentioned so far. Do you bake? Do you craft? Sew?

Comment

A gift Certificate is good it can be gotton from just about any place i think. I've known teacher's who's home's are full of junk & nick nack's they can't use. But being good people they hold there tongue. My poor ex-sister-in-law never kept any thing she was given, she gave it to either the goodwill or a church function that needed thing's for a sale. I mean come on you get 30+ differen't thing's (trink's and such) a year from each child you have in the room. what do ya do with it all? She liked getting gift certificates that way the stuff she could get with them she would use in the class room the next year.

Comment

As a teacher, I have enough bath lotions, body washes, etc. to last me years. Between christmas and end of year, I got 13 sets! Also got a lot of jewelry that was not my style at all. My most favorite gifts? Movie gift card and Walmart gift card! I agree with rescuedpanther on the knickknacks.
            A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

Who better to make suggestions than a teacher?

Comment

Now I know from a teacher's perspective what to buy. From here on out, I will only buy gift certificates for the teachers' gifts.
                Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

I agree. I have tons of teacher mugs, ornaments, candles, lotions and potions to last a lifetime. In fact, I think I could start a teacher gift store from all the plaques, mugs, etc I have received over 30+ years of teaching. I love gift certificates, baked goodies, etc.

When you get a gift certificate to a restaurant, it is guilt-free eating out!
                  A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Comment

I work at the school as the secretary. Last year i bought some honey in bulk and put it in small jars. Then I made some cute labels on the computer (they had honey bees on them with flowers) that said "Thank you for make my life a little sweeter!". Then I put some fabric on top and tied some jute twine around them. They were so cute! the teachers loved them. But I was giving them away as a staff gift, even though some of the teachers taught my kids.

Comment

My Aunt works in a church and runs their day care.. she gets way too many little gifts from the children.. not that she doesn't appreciate them just what do u do with them.

I think some home made cookies or a little gift certificate is a great idea.. you could get one from say Dairy Queen and make it a $10 one.. or from a coffee place.. that way it won't cost a fortune.
                      ~ The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must
                      be felt with the heart ~ Helen Keller ~

Comment

I always got the teachers a gift certificate to a book store.

Comment

I have to agree that gift certificates are the best. We always get those for our teachers
                          Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

I used to ask the kids to sit down and write a short letter telling them why they liked their teacher this year... I'm so glad my kids were through w/ elementary school before we had to PAY UP at the end of the year!

We also gave a card w/ a short letter to the bus driver thanking him too.

I watch my boss every year running to buy gifts for teachers and bus drivers... YIKES!!
                            "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Thanks everyone for the great ideas, this gives me alot to work with.

LMK
                              I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X