Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Admin - question.. anyone else think it's a good idea? Read on..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin - question.. anyone else think it's a good idea? Read on..

Wondering if it is possible to get the recipes in threads - ie... poultry, beef, seasfood, casserole, vegetables, desserts.. etc.? I know that other sites do this and it's so very easy to post and find a new idea or search for a recipe.
    If I miss a day or a weekend, I sometimes miss a great recipe as i don't have time to scroll thru all of 'em.. (in T&T).
    Does anyone else think that categorizing recipes would help them?
    Tessa

I think it is a great idea. It would certainly make browsing the recipes easier.
    Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

Categorizing the recipes would be a time saver especially when the title of the post doesn't give a hint what is being requested.

Comment

I agree 100%. Much easier to find if you are looking for something specific too.

Comment

sorry all.. but Panda.. check your PM.. I figured it out.

And to everyone I do agree.. I would find it as Azucar said " A time saver".

so much to do.. so little time...
          Tessa

Comment

That's a great idea, let me look into doing that, but there is a couple of ways to handle that. Just do it by category and nix the TNT holiday and whatever else designations. Or keep them, and then add in those other categories as well. Let me think on that before I do it too!

Comment

Would be nice if we could keep the T&T and Recipe Requests and just add subforums for maybe appetizers, entrees, vege/sides/desserts in each catagory. Just a thought.

Comment

There are several categories,
                Favorite Chicken Recipes, Pickled eggs,Pizza Pizza,
                Cinco de Mayo Recipes, Favorite Cookie Recipes, Camping Recipes,
                CK Hall of Fame Recipes, Favorite Appetizer Recipe's, Crockpot Recipes,
                Favorite Ground Beef Recipes, Favorite Pie Recipes

Comment

I agree that seperate forums like this would be great.. I'm currently on a board that does that. U save alot of time not having to go thru recipes you arn't looking for.
                  ~ The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must
                  be felt with the heart ~ Helen Keller ~

Comment

I'll like links of message boards that do this, and do a good job at it. I do not want to have 47 forums either. I think that is in excess. Right now if we break out say Categories into
                    Appetizers
                    Salads
                    Side Dishes
                    Meats
                    Desserts

That gives us 12 additional forums. Then you might have people complaining they don't want to look through all forums. Another thought I have is adding non-editable forums with just the recipes by those categories. Here you could perhaps rate the recipe by clicking on the rate the post.

I am still looking into this, but I would like to see large message boards that do this. I would like to look at many different boards before making choice.

Comment

I think you may be talking about a site set up like this one @DC

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/?daysprune=
                      Guts

Comment

I agree with the subforums also!!

Comment

Oooooooooh, just getting better and better! Stephanie is doing so much for us. These additional sub forums help with planning meals. Speaking for myself, there are times when I know what the meat will be, the starch will be and really am searching for a veggie dish that is a bit different. What a great tool.

Comment

Stephanie, I like the idea too. Other boards I go to have this, They don't have it under holiday or TNT. The poster adds that comment if they choose.
                            I could give you a few links to boards that do this if you want.
                            I organize chores into catagories.
                            Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

I have been on message boards that started so many forums that I lost interest. It became too much like assigned homework to have to "look things up". I don't cook much, but, I like to read about others. I think I will stick to posting about shoes and clothes and gardens and smelly people and rude people and invitations. As long as there is not a whole "shoe" forum, and each type of shoe is in its own category.
                              "If you're given a choice between money and sex appeal, take the money. As you get older, the money will become your sex appeal."~Katharine Hepburn

Comment

Working...
                              X