Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Admin - question.. anyone else think it's a good idea? Read on..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I can think of several recipes boards with way too many subforums.........omg, make my head spin!!!

Leave a comment:

• wishingstar
    replied
    I agree simple and easy ...with the good search we now have it is already gotten easier to navigate and find specific recipes.

Leave a comment:

• Maddison
    replied
    I've also been on boards with too many categories (Corner Cafe) where you didn't know where to look for a recipe, since there were too many forums.
    Keep it simple, I say.

Leave a comment:

• StephanieM
    replied
    I am kinda leaning towards this ....

Keep the categories as they are. But add an archive section. The achive will be categorized by type of food, and I would like for it have just the recipe. I could also moderate the archive section with the help of a few people to just post the recipes over there.

What I like about this is that you still get your recipe being new and talked about in the right section, and then you get the benefit of just the recipe being posted in the archive section as well.

Leave a comment:

• Rescuedpanther
    replied
    The only bad part about having the category is getting people to use them

Leave a comment:

• wishingstar
    replied
    I just go to each board and click on the new feature we have here...new posts.

Leave a comment:

• StephanieM
    replied
    Ok, your always going to have recipes that get lost in a message board format. I can put some of the recipes on copykat.com, but that means people have to look there. That is a better place for holding a ton of recipes. I am still giving this thought.

Leave a comment:

• sunny58
    replied
    I think it is a great idea too as long as their aren't too many different forums (or subforums). My only suggestions would be to change Meats to Main Dishes (to include vegetarian or pasta dishes), and maybe an other category to catch anything that doesn't fit into those categories (like drinks).

Leave a comment:

• Isis1
    replied
    I think its a great idea. Much easier to find what you're looking for. I think the format now gets a lot of great recipes lost. Well,not lost, but bumped down so hardly anybody gets to see them.

Leave a comment:

• scotty
    replied
    I have been on message boards that started so many forums that I lost interest. It became too much like assigned homework to have to "look things up". I don't cook much, but, I like to read about others. I think I will stick to posting about shoes and clothes and gardens and smelly people and rude people and invitations. As long as there is not a whole "shoe" forum, and each type of shoe is in its own category.

Leave a comment:

• Kayce
    replied
    Stephanie, I like the idea too. Other boards I go to have this, They don't have it under holiday or TNT. The poster adds that comment if they choose.
    I could give you a few links to boards that do this if you want.

Leave a comment:

• Suwannee Terry
    replied
    Oooooooooh, just getting better and better! Stephanie is doing so much for us. These additional sub forums help with planning meals. Speaking for myself, there are times when I know what the meat will be, the starch will be and really am searching for a veggie dish that is a bit different. What a great tool.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I agree with the subforums also!!

Leave a comment:

• Guts
    replied
    I think you may be talking about a site set up like this one @DC

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/?daysprune=

Leave a comment:

• StephanieM
    replied
    I'll like links of message boards that do this, and do a good job at it. I do not want to have 47 forums either. I think that is in excess. Right now if we break out say Categories into
    Appetizers
    Salads
    Side Dishes
    Meats
    Desserts

That gives us 12 additional forums. Then you might have people complaining they don't want to look through all forums. Another thought I have is adding non-editable forums with just the recipes by those categories. Here you could perhaps rate the recipe by clicking on the rate the post.

I am still looking into this, but I would like to see large message boards that do this. I would like to look at many different boards before making choice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X