Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hope I made a good choice on these appliances...??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Speed Queen is a work horse with an agitator and I don't want a front loader and the top loaders are agitator free nowadays. . My good friend bought a top loader without the agitator and after two years she told her husband to ban it to the basement. When they sell their house, that washer will stay. She got the Speed Queen on a recommendation from another friend and she is thrilled with it. So when mine starts to give me problems (new in 1997), that is exactly what I will get. I think the Speed Queens are more heavy duty because that brand usually supplies laundromats and they are made to last longer. One more thing on my Miele dishwasher that I forgot to mention in an above post - It was one of the first dishwasher brands to have a third rack for the silverware and not have the basket. Other manufacturers have now copied that feature.

Comment

Speed Queen are very expensive.

Comment

Since it is a one time expense I don't care how much it is. My dishwasher model was well over $2000 but it is one payment and done. Of course, I could have gotten a lemon but I didn't.

Comment

Speed Queens are Made in America and are used in a lot of the laundrymats, so they are tough and hold up well over time. I'd rather pay a little more and have a good machine, than pay less and always be having issues with it. I also like supporting American workers when I can.

Comment

Working...
          X