Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did you know that today (22nd November) is...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did you know that today (22nd November) is...

https://i0.wp.com/nationaldaycalenda...24%2C512&ssl=1

...National Cranberry Relish day. I guess if cranberry relish goes with roast turkey, now would be the time that you'd be making it... Or do you buy Cranberry Relish at the supermarket? We can buy Cranberry sauce, Cranberry jelly and Cranberry juice. It's not hugely popular in Australia. I know a few people who buy it ready for their Christmas meal.

So... are you buying or making?
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

I love cranberry sauce, goes with turkey for my family. My granddaughter makes a cranberry relish and I buy a can of cranberry relish.

Comment

I always make a cranberry mold for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It includes cherry Jello, pineapple tidbits and walnuts. The tartness of the cranberry sauce taste is mellowed by the cherry Jello. I am not fond of cranberry relishes if they have orange zest in the dish.

Comment

I make my own from a recipe my Aunt gave when I was about 12. I loved it so much she said she always wanted me able so I could make it. My DGS goes crazy over it and says he could just eat that alone.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

livetobake... sometimes the very old recipes have the best taste. I still make worchestershire sauce from my Mum's recipe and I think she got it from her Mum. Also mint sauce which reminds me that I need to make some.

Comment

Chayote, what is your recipe for worchestershire sauce? I've always wanted to try making it.

Comment

Second that. Please.

Comment

Genia... I know you'll love it. You're my inspiration in wanting to make more preserves and as my fruit trees grow it just makes me look forward even more to making awesome jams...

livetobake... you also inspire me with your amazing meals that you make each night. I've copied so many of your ideas. I hope that you, too will love my Mum's worchestershire sauce.

I'll dig out the recipe within the next couple of days and post it for you. The only problem I can see is your availability to buy a product called Ezi-Sauce. It's basically vinegar and spices. I'll include the ingredients list from the back of the bottle in a hope that you can reproduce it.

Comment

thanks Chayote
                  I hope you enjoy making and eating jams. I've finished for the year and now it Christmas cookies, biscotti and cakes. LOL

Comment

Ahh Chayote, thank you so much. I enjoy reading about your lifestyle, the foods you eat and the different names you have for some of the common everyday items that both countries use. It is just so much fun learning about how lives can be so different and yet exactly the same. I will Google the sauce and see if I can find it. Thank you for posting it.

Comment

The Esy-Sauce is not available in the US. There seems to be a few recipes for it but that's it.

Comment

I saw that Vera. Some of the recipes are for a dry version and the original is a liquid. I was on a web sight from Australia and it is very common there and used in a lot of different ways.

Chayote, what does the taste resemble? I see it is used for making ketchup also along with relishes also. Love learning about different cultures like this.

Comment

Working...
                        X