Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 23rd Dinner Post

Good Afternoon!

It is cloudy today with the high of 30 and the low of 18.

We just got back from Cracker Barrel and had a lovely meal. As we were leaving I was surprised at how many people were waiting for a table. I guess a lot of people eat out for their Thanksgiving Dinner. Large family groups were the norm today.

I hope everyone is having a nice Thanksgiving and truly being grateful for what we have when so many have none. I served at a community meal yesterday for the homeless and we served over 300 hundred people. Truly heart wrenching knowing they have nothing. We gave out so many packs that we make up of clothes, shoes, coats and sleeping bags. I was humbled.

What will you be having for your Thanksgiving meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Eggin’' - Smoked injected turkey (with a local Tabasco - Habanero sauce), rubbed with Mad Max Turkey Seasonings
    Delmonico potatoes
    Cornbread stuffing
    Jalapeno orange cranberry sauce
    Best corn ever
    Green bean casserole
    Dinner rolls

Salted Caramel Pecan & Chocolate Pie

Comment

Nice seeing you post Bean.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving!

We're having record breaking heat for Thanksgiving...not fun! Fortunately my sister is doing the majority of the cooking and bringing it here. Last count we're expecting about 20 people for dinner. I'm making my recipe for green bean casserole, still have to bake that, but my other contributions are done. I made my potato salad and I alderwood smoked a beautiful 3-1/2 pound steelhead fillet. It tastes heavenly! My grandson Joshua came down from Oregon to join us too.

I'm not entirely sure what everyone is bringing, I know my sister is doing roast beef and her girls are making some sides and desserts and my oldest son is probably making Mac and cheese. It'll all be a surprise! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and we'll all get together again after the food coma wears off! http://b2.ifrm.com/22/12/0/e23606/e23606.gif

Comment

Bean, so good to see you posting!
          Just the two of us. So thankful for this man!
          Ham is almost done
          Extra cheesy Au Gratin potatoes with bacon and sauteed onions
          Grandma Faye's Shrimp Salad
          Fruit salad
          Pumpkin pie

Comment

Working...
          X